Caps quick thoughts on Gen 3

I bought my 06 bus brand new as a birthday present to me. It was my first busa. Shortly after that I discovered the org. I remember how many org members talked about how the busa was the king of speed and even when the first zx14 came out many believed many believed the g2 ws still every bit a match and rightfully so. In 2012 the debate ended with the zx14r. I remember lots and lots of people talking about a g3 busa and hoping it would surely have a 1441 motor and be the king of speed again. But it didn't. Whether we use that power or not it really was bragging rights. The busa was born on that idea. If being the king and if power was not the issue of owning one then why did Suzuki have one in 99 was really all about that. I love the new look and I love most of the new features but clearly Suzuki has just given up the fight and let Kawasaki take over in that market. And if Kawasaki can make the zx14r euro 5 compliant then surely Suzuki could have also especially at the asking price. I just cant see that many units being sold because of price alone. That said nows the time to get a gen 2 for sure. just my thoughts

Who cares when Kawasaki have supercharged streetfighters, street-bikes and touring bikes with 250hp?

Don’t need to... after 14 years to not even put the time and effort into improving the power (which for me is the DNA of this bike) is unforgivable and has completely put me off even trying one. Suzuki are spitting in our faces and unfortunately it seems a lot of you are ok with that... pure cost savings on their part.

I don’t want ‘drivability’, I want, after 14 years, to ride something new that moves the goalposts forward and shocks me like my Gen2 did the first time I got it past 7k revs... that’s a Busa!!!
I'm sure we'll have a member near you grab up a gen 3 then you can take whatever your riding now and put it against it either in a straight line or a few twistys and see where you both are at the end. That's be something I'd be interested in seeing, as has been pointed out the engine is a beast as is now with launch control and a little more down low i feel its gonna leave some people wishing they'd grab one a lot sooner.

I'm sure we'll have a member near you grab up a gen 3 then you can take whatever your riding now and put it against it either in a straight line or a few twistys and see where you both are at the end. That's be something I'd be interested in seeing, as has been pointed out the engine is a beast as is now with launch control and a little more down low i feel its gonna leave some people wishing they'd grab one a lot sooner.
We all know there will be a myriad of videos on You Tube once the bike is out on the streets...

I figure this bike will fare no better than the gen 2 against it's rivals...all the competition have the same electronic packages, are lighter and have more power.

Your post reflects the desire for this bike to possess street dominance....which is something is will not have.

We all know there will be a myriad of videos on You Tube once the bike is out on the streets...

I figure this bike will fare no better than the gen 2 against it's rivals...all the competition have the same electronic packages, are lighter and have more power.

Your post reflects the desire for this bike to possess street dominance....which is something is will not have.
Just saying, but the V4 Panigale costing $28,000 and making 214hp is slower on the 1/4 mile and 0-60 than the gen1 Hayabusa and it weighs almost 150 lbs less.

Nope just the way u read it,my point is the thing hasn't hit the street no one knows what it will be just everyone crying that it didn't have more cc's. Where is kawasaki with their zx14 that passes euro 5?? Suzuki was able to do what I don't think they could without forced induction. I'm a busa fan period don't care if it's got the biggest engine or not i know it can always be made to beat whatever comes up with a little work to it and be reliable while doing it.

Just saying, but the V4 Panigale costing $28,000 and making 214hp is slower on the 1/4 mile and 0-60 than the gen1 Hayabusa and it weighs almost 150 lbs less.

Liter bikes as a rule aren't 1/4 mile or 0-60 monsters anyway. If that's what we use to judge bikes, many high powered cruisers could go in the mix as well..

We are talking street dominance. Liter bikes rule the streets now.

Nope just the way u read it,my point is the thing hasn't hit the street no one knows what it will be just everyone crying that it didn't have more cc's. Where is kawasaki with their zx14 that passes euro 5?? Suzuki was able to do what I don't think they could without forced induction. I'm a busa fan period don't care if it's got the biggest engine or not i know it can always be made to beat whatever comes up with a little work to it and be reliable while doing it.
Kawasaki is working on their H2 line up which as surpassed the ZX14R in performance and are able to meet Euro 5 (so I'm told).

I can't reiterate any more than the post I made here earlier. That's my stand on the new bike. I am a huge fan of the Hayabusa, when I was looking to buy one, I could have bought any bike I wanted and could have went to a street dominator. When I bought my Hayabusa it was already dethroned but that fact meant and means little to me.

I still would have liked to see a gen 3 Hayabusa take back the throne but realize whether it did or did not, it will still remain in the history books.

I still say the Hayabusa was originally built for a specific purpose, to "dominate"....once it stops dominating, is it still relevant? Do we need an expensive sport tour bike which leans more on the sport side than tour? It would make more sense if the bike came with a higher windshield and hard bags like the H2SXSE. Maybe that's the way Suzuki should have gone with this bike.

The very soul of the Hayabusa is to be the meanest, angriest bike on the road. It was born in a wind tunnel, raised on a high speed test track and it's sole purpose was to win the speed war. If it wasn't for the "gentleman's agreement" regulating top speeds, who knows where we'd be....I note the auto industry wasn't stupid enough to sign such an agreement.

The very name Hayabusa is something which generates bragging rights...when you are standing around in your garage, what do you think about when you look at your bike? I look at mine and see a big angry "bird" ready to strike at any time and something to be feared.

What feelings will the new bike generate??

Rarely do we see a generational update which didn't improve on all aspects of the original model. This bike looks nice, has lots of great electronics, has an upgraded engine but has lost the essence of what a Hayabusa was designed for.

If all everyone seems to want is fancy electronics and mid range torque, why didn't Suzuki just revisit the GSX1250F, it was a great bike with gobs of mid range torque and was versatile as heck.

Does anyone NEED a bike which can go 200mph? Not at all, would we LIKE a bike that could if we wanted? I think YES just by reading posts on this forum ranging all the way back to it's inception.

Imagine if when GM revamped the Corvette they put the same engine in it as it's predecessor, people who know

Last edited:
As an owner of a 2012 ZX-14R, I've always respected the Busa. A friend of mine had a white Gen 2 and I thought it looked awesome, so much better in person than on pictures. I think the Gen 3 Busa looks good, lots of improvements. Down on horsepower? Let's see what happens when the super restrictive exhaust is replaced with a 4 into 1, ECU is reflashed, and dyno tuned. It might surprise some people. Hope for the best and don't be too hard on the new version. Give it a chance.

I guess people who care about the Hayabusa and what it stood for.
Exactly my point. besides its apple to oranges to compare to the h2 versions although the h2/zh2/h2sxe dont have huge hp numbers unless you add Brocks equipment to it. Then yes but my zx14r stock makes nearly the same as the h2 which at the wheel is as I remember around the 200hp mark. Im not trying to disrespect any who love the new one. I do love it but lets be honest it really is about the hp and who is fastest. Broke my heart when I saw the specs. If it wasn't we would be riding a vespa. lol

Don’t need to... after 14 years to not even put the time and effort into improving the power (which for me is the DNA of this bike) is unforgivable and has completely put me off even trying one. Suzuki are spitting in our faces and unfortunately it seems a lot of you are ok with that... pure cost savings on their part.

I don’t want ‘drivability’, I want, after 14 years, to ride something new that moves the goalposts forward and shocks me like my Gen2 did the first time I got it past 7k revs... that’s a Busa!!!
I've long awaited buying the famously respected busa and recently bought a gen 2 last year so did it live up to all the hype created around this mystical beast NO NO and NO its 2021 there are some crazy fast bikes out there with the busa you can feel the wieght you are dragging around but its also useful as it makes the bike comfortable to travel on , anyway owning a street busa offers kind of demigod status for an average street guy! realize the hayabusa is a wonderful bike not an amazing bike. will never be an amazing bike but it goes very well and you get a (cult) unique misconception that it is the baddest on the street but thats down to the kudos of humble hardworking guy's who spend all their time and money building the engine to produce poop load of horsepower and torque! those guys deserve the reputation not whining forum junkies, is it the best bike i own? no. like all bikes there are plusses and minuses for me the busa is just another bike i love to own will i keep it probably not

It feels like more they tried to create the best platform they could under the restrictions they had to deal with like emmissions, cost, etc The styling seems more gen 1 like especially the general shape of the tail. The motor is gen2 essentially. The electronics are what’s really gen 3 to get this platform to be more modern and safer. Seems like they have a provision to run different maps. All in all it doesnt show a lot of interest from Suzuki in keeping the excitement factor around this as it seems like a battle that’s over in stock form. they just moved the platform ahead a little to make it more current knowing that most people who would never be satisfied with numbers would go turbo, 1440, etc anyway. A lot of busa owners buy the bike for what the bike can do not what they can do with the bike so from that standpoint no bragging rights with this. You should still be able to add a 16 inch stretch, fancy art work, slap a turbo, nitrous, slam it down and take pictures in the parking lot with the gen 3 too :-). Hoping rider reviews reveal a more enjoyable ride and more useable power band.

Back