Cap gonna be away for a little bit......

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Folks,
I need to take a little time away from things for personal reasons... I went to the doc today and my bloodpressure was above the 180 mark and I need to reset a few priorities in my life... I haven't hit the big 40 yet and I'm already getting the "You're killing yourself speech". The admins and mods are fully aware of what is going on (they always are) and are there to help you all if you have any issues... I will not be checking PM's and email will be off and on.. mostly off. If your an advertiser that needs something please get a message to an admin and they can help you out or if needed they know how to get ahold of me.

There is nothing more to this message than just an update and to let you know that I will be a little out of pocket for a few weeks. I simply need to make some personal adjustments with myself. I worry about everything, work, family, this site, I worried at the bash about things not going well, I worry about Eureka, I worry about getting things ready for the stampede. I need to get away from it all so that I can unwind a little......

I would say to let me know if you need anything but in this case I'm gonna tell you to call someone else :poke:

Cap

Last edited:
Get things right with you and all others will fall into place. Take care and best wishes to you Sir!

180 Cap. WOW !!!!!!!!!!!

Mine is 145 with Meds..........Take Care of Yourself CAP :please:

We will be here when you get back, take care of yourself and the family. You have my number if you need me. :beerchug:

Stop yer dern worrying! Seriously, as an org member, all we want is your good health (and to shake your hand at the STAMPEDE). Doyle

Cap, take all the time needed; you're no good to us all hopped up on a bunch of blood pressure drugs. :poke:

I have a place in the Ozarks you are more than welcome to have to yourself for a free mini-vacation if you'd like. Pack up the family, as there's plenty of room, or take your own little fishing trip. Options open if you'd like it.

Last edited:
take care of yourself first, cap. We'll all be here when you get back, and we wont burn the house down while you're gone.

be well.

Was hospitalized a couple years ago at age 35. Had a non-stop nose bleed for a few days and upon finally checking myself in I was admitted in a flash! Soon afterwards I was hooked up to various blood monitoring apparatuses and given (proper heck!) and pills to thicken my blood.

Don't recall the number but after two nurses checked it one muttered to the other "this can't be right?" & immediately called the doctor to recheck it and sure enough, my blood pressure was so high the doctor was 'amazed' I didn't keel over the day before.

That being said I fully understand the importance of you needing to unwind... so make sure you do so!

Best of luck! :beerchug:

Knowing that we're all going to be here when you get back might be a source of stress, so don't even think about us. :laugh:

Be well, Douglas. In the end, that's all there is. :beerchug:

Take care and good luck on everything.

All be here when you're ready to rejoin us Doug.

I got 23,000 members on my own site and I know that worry. Prayers and thoughts. :bowdown:

Back