Okay folks what needs fixin?

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Hello my friends! I just sent a message to the admins that I am finishing up a few personal projects that have taken me about 3 - 4 years to get finished. I am posting up this message looking for you guys to tell me what is broken around here, what needs tweaked and what mods need to be done... I'm going to give the site a proverbial 3k Tune Up and Oil Change...

Start a list here !

I have not noticed much of any issues . Site runs better than many other sites visited .

Well, as a relatively "fresh pair of eyes" on the site (about a year and a half) the site could be much more user friendly to people searching for information. There is a wealth of info here, but it's not easily dredged out of the oRg.

For example, the "New Owners Forum" stickies are actually almost all "New Site User" stickies. Every new owner on this site asks the same 10 questions: How do I make the handle bars more comfortable, what kinds of aftermarket seats are there, aftermarket pegs, windscreens, touring set ups, best tires, extended swingarms, oil, turbo, etc etc. You know the questions, you see them all the time just like I do. Sure, the info is on the site, but that stuff should be the top stickies on the "New Owners Forum" - not necessarily topics like "posting pictures" "How did you make your way to this site", "Resizing your pictures", "What do the symbols mean below your sign on name" etc. Put stuff there that new bike owners want to see right on top. Cruise control. HID Light mods. Trunk mods, etc.

Everyone says, "Use the search" - well, there are 90 search results on cruise control when you go to advanced and narrow it down - why not just sticky the vacuum version and the electric version where it is easily found? Instead there are outdated topics about toasters and picture games stickied. I couldn't find them in engine and performance or electrical, for example. Then - some of the stickies are broken. Perhaps a culling of dead links would be helpful?

Even then, there is so much information that is crossed over between Gen1 and Gen2 - Airbox mods that you can do for one that you can't do for the other. It's not very clear with 10+year old posts which may apply to any given persons motorcycle. A complete shuffling of threads under the appropriate model would help people, but is probably a sisyphean task.

There's so much good info on here, I'm not complaining - but I read the confusion and/or frustration in other new peoples posts and can understand why they feel that.

Well, as a relatively "fresh pair of eyes" on the site (about a year and a half) the site could be much more user friendly to people searching for information. There is a wealth of info here, but it's not easily dredged out of the oRg.

For example, the "New Owners Forum" stickies are actually almost all "New Site User" stickies. Every new owner on this site asks the same 10 questions: How do I make the handle bars more comfortable, what kinds of aftermarket seats are there, aftermarket pegs, windscreens, touring set ups, best tires, extended swingarms, oil, turbo, etc etc. You know the questions, you see them all the time just like I do. Sure, the info is on the site, but that stuff should be the top stickies on the "New Owners Forum" - not necessarily topics like "posting pictures" "How did you make your way to this site", "Resizing your pictures", "What do the symbols mean below your sign on name" etc. Put stuff there that new bike owners want to see right on top. Cruise control. HID Light mods. Trunk mods, etc.

Everyone says, "Use the search" - well, there are 90 search results on cruise control when you go to advanced and narrow it down - why not just sticky the vacuum version and the electric version where it is easily found? Instead there are outdated topics about toasters and picture games stickied. I couldn't find them in engine and performance or electrical, for example. Then - some of the stickies are broken. Perhaps a culling of dead links would be helpful?

Even then, there is so much information that is crossed over between Gen1 and Gen2 - Airbox mods that you can do for one that you can't do for the other. It's not very clear with 10+year old posts which may apply to any given persons motorcycle. A complete shuffling of threads under the appropriate model would help people, but is probably a sisyphean task.

There's so much good info on here, I'm not complaining - but I read the confusion and/or frustration in other new peoples posts and can understand why they feel that.

Perfect feedback! These are easy to do.. We just need to create a place for new forum members and new owners... same concept but different content... .

Back