Can't shake the jitters!

I assume you lowered your ride if you changed the dog bones. It's not your tires, it's the lowered suspension that changed your bikes behavior. Will take some getting use to.

I actually raised it one on the rear. I was fine right after that. It was just this week for some reason.

I hit the back roads up today and felt better...Maybe i just needed to log some miles! Interstate was better today too...I didn't feel like i was as stiff as i was the other day. Bike night tonight at Quaker steak and lube...I have a good ride up there tonight!

Pashnit: I have already been eyeing the speedo healer on your site:laugh:...i'll probably go ahead and pick one up today. I passed a speed sign today and i was off about 6 at 70mph on the speedo. You can expect an order here this week!

Have you tried adjusting your suspension? If the rear feels loose and you don't think it's all in your head you should play with it some. And a tire change CAN justify a suspension adjustment, especially if it's a different brand or tread compound. As well as the roads are still pretty cold for most of the country, and all tires take a while to heat up to where they stick well, some more than others.
If you do decide to adjust the rebound/compression, count the clicks so you know where you started. Always go to the right and adjust back, and if you do the back, do the front too, they work together.
There are some good write ups on suspension tuning on here too if you search, I'm not great at it myself, but you would be suprised what a big difference a small adjustment can make.

Have you tried adjusting your suspension? If the rear feels loose and you don't think it's all in your head you should play with it some. And a tire change CAN justify a suspension adjustment, especially if it's a different brand or tread compound. As well as the roads are still pretty cold for most of the country, and all tires take a while to heat up to where they stick well, some more than others.
If you do decide to adjust the rebound/compression, count the clicks so you know where you started. Always go to the right and adjust back, and if you do the back, do the front too, they work together.
There are some good write ups on suspension tuning on here too if you search, I'm not great at it myself, but you would be suprised what a big difference a small adjustment can make.

Thanks for the idea... I honestly haven't touched my settings since i got the bike used. I have been meaning to mess with it since the rear fills a little stiff.

I gotta tell ya, I would rather see you with the jitters than to see you with the "tiger by the tail" attitude... nothing wrong with being on the side of caution..

+1 to this, it just makes you more aware of whats going on and will make you a better rider....

I thought everyone questioned their sanity for riding supersports! It's not like you can't go for a drive in the country in a Ford Taurus. I think "jitters" are an indication you are sane!

Don't know about the mechanical issue...

Back