head shake /tank slapper

I get a little mild shake when power shifting from 1st to 2nd, front wheel pops up just a little and snaps left then right really fast only goes each direction one time before it settles out.

My R1 was the same way. i think it has to do with how hard I am grabbing the clutch and throttle, I think I might be putting too much pressure on one side or the other and when the front pops up the wheel turns and when it sets back down it snaps back to straight. I will chalk mine up to rider error. What do you think?

just experienced a small one couple of days ago, coming out of the corner hard , and the head shook momentarily.  Thinking about picking up a 06 750 as t3h canyon playbike. hymmm  
cool.gif
the 750 I can highly recommend. They say the 06 is supposed to be more powerful than the 05. Geez! I know it's not as fast as the Busa but it is the fastest thing I've ever sat my ass on in the twisties. R1's, GSXR1K, whatever you like. It will crawl all over them. But I'm still tradin' it for a Busa.
beerchug.gif

My 99 busa is one of the more stable and planted bikes I have had. I have heard that bottoming the forks with wheelie play can induce slappers in some situations though, but have things set up fairly soft and have not had any trouble or hints of trouble yet.

Never had this happen on the BUSA. Bury the throttle, feel the smooth acceleration, and enjoy all things BUSA!
race.gif
+1
+2
+3

All I've ever felt is a sore a$$ for a day or two after crankin' on it and having my butt slam back against the hump.

Oh, and, the only tank slapper I've experienced on the bus so far happened at like maybe 30 mph while cornering in the city when the rear stepped out on me. I almost dumped it, but the rear caught pavement and my boo went into a massive slapper; saved it by sheer luck. My whole body hurt the next day, though. But I've never had it happen when accelerating hard or when coming down from a wheelie.

<!--EDIT|Busa_05
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135827525 -->

You are all right. The Busa is a very stable platform at almost any speed. It is afffected by normal physics, ie: heavy braking or accelerating on an uneven surface. A few weeks ago, I had the front tyre blow to bits at somewhere between 170-180km/h and I bought it down slowly and everything was fine, no crap in my pants to report. It started to shake when I got down to about 10 clicks. On stopping, the damage to the tyre was pretty bad, almost right off it's rim with a large strip ripped right out. If I had of been on an R6 or similiar bike, i would probably be a goner. The cause of the whole thing was not monitoring the tyre pressures enough on a really hot road. Every stop, fi you want to travel at a constant fast speed. I was only doing it every fuel (approx every 3 hours), it wasn't enough. I was very vigilant over the next few days and noticed just how hot they were getting, not enough to burn you but close. Anyway, that is neither here nor there. You can be confident that if the Busa is shaking, you have stuffed something up. Anybody got anything to add?

I had to slam on the breaks to avoid a deer on my Yamaha Royal Star and had a Tank slapper. Wasn't a lot of fun on that 900 lbs beast. But I pulled through and didn't go down. Scary though...

Seems to me that the tank slappers are pretty well handled by the Busa's Factory stabilizer.

I had a 954 too and I ended up getting a dampner because of the constant head shakes. Never had any trouble on the Busa though.

I have had it happen to me twice but it was because the pavement on my exit corner was sorta rolled up and it caught the side of my wheel...the front got light and bingo, headshake...It went left, right, left but it settled right down and and she was good to go.

Back