head shake /tank slapper

lot boy

Registered
i had a cbr 954 befor i got my busa--anyway that 954 was a head shakin biotch--it seemed like if my body wasnt totaly over the front fender under hard excel it would go into a head shake--tis why i got off the bike !!
anyway my question is has anybody had this happen to them on their busa? i got about 5k miles on my girl and cant say that i have had the problem yet but then again i havent rode it all that hard. i have heard of guys adding a heavier oil to the dampner but as of yet i havent seen the need--just currious if any one has had any head shake and what they did to cause it?

poped out of 2nd while on the rear and set it down hard and still only felt a very small amount of head shake, but nothing that worried me....too much anyway.

+1 on the 954.... I had one too. Glad you said it because I always thought I was the only one. I rememeber being reluctant to accelerate hard because whenever the front got light..... headshake would occur.

Never had this happen on the BUSA. Bury the throttle, feel the smooth acceleration, and enjoy all things BUSA!
race.gif

i have had a few head shakers on the highway with winds/or when passing the semis. but i would accel and it would straighten out. i think it has alot to do with how the wind is dispersed at the nose and windscreen. i will without a doubt be getting a db screen this time around

Only after getting completely airborne! A little shake on landing, but the Busa corrected itself quickly.
biggrin.gif

Mine shook a few times since I put on the Marvic wheels. It happened under very hard acceleration power shifting from 3rd @red to 4th. The pavement was wavy (up/down) just enough to bounce the front around.

I have since installed a Scotts/Ohlins rotary dampner. I love this thing! Over all stablilty has greatly improved especially at high speeds. I like it set to pretty hard usually.

532.jpg

The dampner on the Busa is bigger than most stock bikes and I like where they hid it out of site. It's important to keep it clean and inspect for leaks now and then...

just experienced a small one couple of days ago, coming out of the corner hard , and the head shook momentarily. Thinking about picking up a 06 750 as t3h canyon playbike. hymmm
cool.gif

Mine shook a few times since I put on the Marvic wheels. It happened under very hard acceleration power shifting from 3rd @red to 4th. The pavement was wavy (up/down) just enough to bounce the front around.

I have since installed a Scotts/Ohlins rotary dampner. I love this thing! Over all stablilty has greatly improved especially at high speeds. I like it set to pretty hard usually.
Can you keep two dampers? ie keep the stock damper on and add another damper?

No! Only one damper. Now that Scotts makes a kit to fit the busa, I'm looking to install one. Scotts tells you in the instructions to remove your stock damper before installing theirs.

Back