Cant decide on powdercoat color!!(help)

gixxer1kr

Registered
Well ive been wanting to do some pc to my 02 blue and black.Now that the black frame covers are available im gonna get em and pc my swingarm,pegs.pegmounts and all the other little things.I wanna do my wheels becuase there a little scratched and i think there a charcoal almost black color. Im thinking either gloss black or blue.what do u think.

02 blue wheels.jpg

2002_GSX1300R_bk-blue_450.jpg

Maybe try Blue on just the lip of the wheels and do the Spokes, or whatever you want to call them, in Gloss Black. It will keep the black on blue theme going.

yeah true.black gloss would run 125 each and to match the blue it would be 190.not sure what to do.just dont wanna regret the blue.but its unique.

Yeah I hear ya.....Black is the obvious "safe" choice. I like flynlow's idea about some blue wheel stripes. Call Rob @ Tapeworks....he has any Blue you'll need to match :thumbsup:

i saw those.Zand if i dont like em i can peel em.i also am thinking ill be limited if i wanna change the colr of the bike.

Go with TM above...proven quality of work, great price plus he is an SV here! :thumbsup:

Really TM.Ive never had powder coating done.I was quoted 125 each and 125 for the swingarm.

WOW, Did you tell the guy he was nuts? Even here, the guy that does my stuff is less than half of that for both, probably do all three for 175 or there abouts.

TM has the gig though, if you are serious he will do a good stand up job for you.

TM does that price include sandblasting.I just called another local guy and he said 75 each wheel and 75 for the swingarm.When most places quote a price does that usually include sandblasting.I would have tm do it but i think shipping from MA would kill me.

TM does that price include sandblasting.I just called another local guy and he said 75 each wheel and 75 for the swingarm.When most places quote a price does that usually include sandblasting.I would have tm do it but i think shipping from MA would kill me.

thats a little more like it. i understand on the shipping. all my prices include media blasting or chemical stripping. just make sure the guy has experience and ask to see some of his work. make sure he knows what to mask and what holes to plug. it's not fun trying to remove powder coat from places its not supposed to be.

Back