I cant decide what colour to paint my gen 1

JeffSyh

Registered
Spring is around the corner and the bike is almost finished just waiting for a few more parts to show up, I've been saving paint for last but I'm really torn on what colour to paint the bike. I was originally going to go with all black since the tank I was going to leave the tank for this year, all my accent parts are red (like triple tree brakelines levers) but now I'm thinking of paint the front black and leaving the tail red, since I really like that red in the sun. I also like a destroy grey look or painting it all red. Ugh I feel like a woman.. do you think leaving the tail red abd painting the front all black would look silly?

Spring is around the corner and the bike is almost finished just waiting for a few more parts to show up, I've been saving paint for last but I'm really torn on what colour to paint the bike. I was originally going to go with all black since the tank I was going to leave the tank for this year, all my accent parts are red (like triple tree brakelines levers) but now I'm thinking of paint the front black and leaving the tail red, since I really like that red in the sun. I also like a destroy grey look or painting it all red. Ugh I feel like a woman.. do you think leaving the tail red abd painting the front all black would look silly?
Hi. If you like it ,it will not look silly. I paint, so I would go from the bottom at the front of the side fairings by the back of the front wheel. Pick an angle say 45 degrees put a gray stripe 1 or 2 or 3 inches wide then paint the lower black. The if you want you could put a pearl tint in the black.

You could go with a red tail as it is basically separated from the rest of the bike...a nice Ducati or Ferrari red would be nice...something deep and rich.

Maybe put red "Suzuki" lettering on the tank to tie it in...?? and maybe a red Kanji on the side with red Hayabusa lettering to balance it

The plastics were intense blue pearl but I painted them sonic blue pearl. Wife got COVID last week so I was stuck home so I made good use of my time. Did it all with rattle can and it turned out dam good. Just need to hit it with the buffer in a couple spots that I missed buffing the first time.

FEF1578F-E000-4F2E-A0B4-39A2617D7589.jpeg

Last edited:
You could go with a red tail as it is basically separated from the rest of the bike...a nice Ducati or Ferrari red would be nice...something deep and rich.

Maybe put red "Suzuki" lettering on the tank to tie it in...?? and maybe a red Kanji on the side with red Hayabusa lettering to balance it
The red on it now is beautiful you can't see it in pictures but in the sun its one of the nicest reds I've seen from anything factory, but to match the whole bike I think reds the hardest to match?

Back