Can't back up the busa

Actually the OEM size is 190/50.
Thanks for the correction. My edit time has long expired.

And as for the shop giving him better info... They probably gave him the normal info...
I suppose. I know if I worked at a tire shop, I wouldn't suggest a sportbike tire for a cruiser without explaining that that choice would be a little unconventional. I'd rather plug the flat tire and wait a couple weeks for something I want. But I know how it is when your vehicle is disabled and you would rather fix it on the spot rather than bother with limping it home. All tires are temporary. When I first started riding sportbikes, I didn't need a sportbike tire. My chicken strips were HUGE!

Yes a 190/55 sportbike tire would look normal on a busa. A 190/55 is stock size. A 200/55 will make it tip in easier and IMHO looks even better than the stock size plus I think they stay round longer rather than flattening off in the middle like a cruiser tire. A 200/55 cruiser tire ................was a waste....but don't worry about it. You got your bike running now. That cruiser tire might be more comfy for the GF. No insult intended but when you don't know what you don't know, it's tough to make a decision without advice. Ask a lot of questions here like a broken record if you want. That's what I do . If I had no other choice than a cruiser tire, I'd go with the cheapest one possible because I'd be changing it ASAP. I don't do burnouts yet but if I did....I'd do it on that cruiser tire. Whoever that tire shop is, they should have given you better info I think. As time goes on, you might want to try a different tire place. It just sounds like a place apes are woking and don't give a crap or know wtf their doing.
Yea, it was a mistake due to me being in a rush in hindsight. Car was in the shop and I needed to get somewhere. I should take better care of my motorcycle, especially since I'm buying carbon bicycle wheels for like 2-3k a set lol

:eek: Dude, that's almost a set of BSTs for the busa! Just under 4k for a set of BST Rapid TEKs. I get it though....we NEED that kind of stuff! :laugh:
Yeah, when I first got into ironman, I didn't think it'd be such a huge investment. But in literally pulling funds from my cars and motorcycle upgrades to buy a race bike and gear. The market for bicycles is insane right now, I paid 11k for a road bike in May and I won't have it until January 20th.

I imagine. ...but I paid $11k for each of my brand new bikes in 2008-2010.
Technology has advanced so much for carbon fiber now, its insane how they can lay certain areas to be comfortable while making other areas super stiff.

Back