Brake Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
The brake pedal thing is a lawyer tab, pure and simple. So you don't set it too HIGH, resulting in your foot resting on it, causing the pedal to be depressed, thus causing the pads to drag and overheat.
The actual setting of the pedal HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BRAKE DRAGGING. It's a disclaimer clause that they put in the manual, to release them of warrenty resposibility if it's set a mm too high.
Since I seldom ever use my rear brake, I've set it a bit below their "manual recommended" level, the rotor is seldom more than warm to the touch.
Yes, the "spec" is in the manual, but it's not something that has to be taken to heart like a valve setting spec, or a bearing clearance measurement. Just set it down to where you have to WANT to use the rear brake to swivel your ankle down enough to activate it, and you'll be alright.

page 76 say different,,,and Ive seen then drag,,,page 76 says it will drag and will destroy you pads and rotors,,,,,,,,,,,I;ll go by suzuki,,,and I adjusted mine as well as other guys to take the pressure off,,,,,,,,,you maybe able to adjust a little lower,,,but thats iif your pads are down severly,,,,Its ok to say,,,hey thanks buddy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,wow,,,,theres a ton of guys who agree,wow,,,,,,re[read 76n slowly,,,and when your down there adjusting,,,spin the rear tire,,,,Do the math,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,wow,,,,thats like the Om saying to run 3.5 qts of oil,,,I only rund 1/2 cup in my engine,,,,dont listen to suzuki,,it for the lawyers,,,,when ur adjusting the pedall lkeep the wheel in the air and spin it,,,watch what happens,,,case closed,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

:rulez::rulez::rulez:,,,,page 76, BUDDY,,,,,, page 76 !!!!!!:rulez::rulez::rulez:

:laugh: Best thread ever.

cheers
ken

Shame that two of the other threads (Fuel & Octane) have been deleted so everyone could see what a class act bobber is. The kind of class that led to his getting banned..at least temporarily.
:rulez:

Reading some of his posts I have been wondering what possible kind of 'tech' work this person could be doing on computerized equipment, auto's, ect. that he uses the kind of syntax that he does and then doesn't even know that vacuum is measured in inches of mercury (until he bought the mityvac) and not have the basic knowledge to know how to bleed brakes or a slave cylinder? ???

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/racing-technical/134996-clutch-bleed.html

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/maintenance-do-yourself/135137-myty-vac.html

Hey, anybody miss him yet? :poke:

I am curious to know if the thread starter resolved the issue. :whistle:

I think we all forgot about what the original issue was....we were so focused on the train wreck that was unfolding before our eyes. And you know I NEVER LOOKED AT PAGE 76!!!!!

:laugh:

so your rear caliper is fine and clean... when you push on the rear brake lever can you see the pads move and retract a little when you release the lever? As long as the pads aren't gripping the rotors but dragging a little you should be fine. I would make sure that it's not dirty calipers though. I would, in the least, take them off inspect and clean them real good.

I am curious to know if the thread starter resolved the issue. :whistle:

I sent a PM to shortstuf to find out if he got the problem resolved. I looked to see if he posted anything after opening this thread....I guess he got scared the h*ll off, if we had been in a bar there would have been a gun fight. Who know's what kind of an opinion he has of the .org now.

It's actually my spare! In case I crash the one I ride, I have a spare to finish out the day on.

Makes perfect sense to me! :thumbsup:

You could say it's my good luck charm! I started keeping two back in 2005 and found I crash far less often as long as I have a quick replacement! :dunno:

Sounds like good crash insurance to me~!~ :thumbsup:

Sorry I did'nt get back to you guys sooner. I put over 750 miles on my bike last week with no more issues. I guess the caliber just stuck a little that one ride. I looked everything over good and all looked to be fine but thought you guys may have something like that happen to you too. Again thanks for your input. I have rode bikes for over 40 years and I love my 08 Busa it is one fun bike to ride. I smile every time I ride it.

page 76:poke: *I love you too D
Im glad short stuff gothis brakes worked out
Class acts read manuals,

Last edited:
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Too,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,many,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,commas,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,makes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hard,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,read,,,,,

:laugh::laugh::laugh:then,,,,,,,,,,,,,,go,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, shool,,,,,,,,,,,,,,LOl,,,,,,you guys are something else man,,,,,I missed you ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Dont,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Forget,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,adjust,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,rear,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,brake,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,pedal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheerleader:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:cheerleader:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:cheerleader:

:laugh:

ditto,,Now youve got it ,,read post #34,,,,the dealer will sell you a maunal,you mentioned that you didnt have one,,sorry,,they are very,important,,,,,,,,,,,,,or download one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but at least youve came to youe senses and ano more pedal drag,page 76,,,good deal,,,,,:welcome:,

Ok guys, fun poking fun. Lets let this thread die in good humor and all get along. One of the most difficult challenges we face as members of an internet forum is how to take one another without seeing visual cues. We dont see the subtle things that tip us off to a joke that we may not get otherwise. It is easy to mis-interpret what is said to us or about us and we may not understand or otherwise become defensive when we dont need to be. Please understand, we strive to provide the best atmosphere we possibly can. Need I say more? Carry on. :beerchug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back