Canada convicts war criminal. Man are we “Lost in Spaceâ€￾

mike1180

Banned
Munyaneza gets life in jail for Rwandan war crimes - *News - MSN CA

Here’s a good one.
This guy shows up here (Canada) in 1997 from Rwanda, and asks for a “refugee claim” which it takes 3 years for us to deny.
He stays here for another 5 years (hey who needs the refugee claim?) and then is arrested (2005) and tried and convicted and sentenced this week, (4 years later) and gets life for war crimes committed in Rwanda. Now we will house him in the big house for at least 25 years.
Lots of questions come to mind, about the time taken to figure this out, (12 years) and the cost of the trial etc, but what are we doing putting him in one of our prisons, at our expense? ($2.75 million dollars for the 25 years):
“It costs Corrections Canada $110,223 to keep a male inmate in a maximum-security institution for a year ($150,867 for a woman)."

CBC - Canada Votes 2006 - Reality Check

I don’t know about most of you guys, but I don’t clear anywhere near $110, 000 per year to live on (for the next 25 years).
And Hey I have never been to Rwanda, but from what I have seen, our jails are still better than living there, so 12 years later he is still on top.
Guilt or innocence aside, he should be sent home to figure this out.
JMO

I'm with you 100%. That's sheer craziness.

They should put the guy on a work camp for long enough for him to have paid off his plane ticket back to the nearest airport in Rwanda.

We could all wave 'good-bye' to him as his plane takes off.

goverment make sence??? uhhhh wich is worse....that.... or you beliveing they will?

It is the unfortunate burden of priviledged Nations to attempt to correct the unjustices committed around the world.

It is the unfortunate burden of priviledged Nations to attempt to correct the unjustices committed around the world.

I sure agree with that, and someone has to do it, I am glad it is us (and you guys down there too) but I do want a better return for my money.
The $2 3/4 million (probably more like $4 million after the 12 years) is ridculous.
A true accounting for this fellow (and all his buddies) would cost a lot less and be a lot quicker. :whistle:
His accomplices over there are hiding out from a lot of people who don't appreciate what they did, and now they can come over here, serve 25 years in a safe and luxurious (to their standards) environment and then be free.
Not truly justice IMO

Back