Can you see half dome?

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
I rode the big Six on
image.jpeg
a 120 mile loop from home into Yosemite today all the way to 6,000' and saw no snow at all! See how much area the pic covers? And no snow anywhere. Wonderful weather, bright, sunny blue sky and almost no traffic. If this keeps up the Sierra passes will open much sooner than usual. I may ride up past Calaveras Big Trees SP on hiway 4 (one of the Sierra passes near me) soon to where the road is closed and where snow (should) be to see what the elevation is. BTW that park is a must see if anyone wants to see some of the biggest old growth trees in the world. The north grove, a mile+ pathway through the trees is always open and is quite spectacular.

I live between Fresno and Yosemite just off hiway 41, about 23 miles from the SW park entrance at 2,500' elevation. That tunnel must be a half mile long! Bored right out of the rock mountain. In fact, they could rename the park as Yosemite Rock NP. which would be much more accurate.

0 here with a windchill of -15. Just got 3 inches of snow. Supposed to get 2 more today and again more later this week.

I'm glad this year I'm Snowbirding. Even though this is one of the coldest Winters - TODAY it was 80°

Back home it will be in the 20's for highs all week, which limit the riding - at least for me it does.
This is the FIRST year out of 14 that the Busa hasn't been inside my house all Winter long. :race:

Nice view CBX

71 today and I took the Busa, same route but in the opposite direction. As you can see, beautiful weather and no traffic. The fast fast sweepers along the Merced River are outstanding! 70-80-90 and just lean er over a bit, left right left right and repeat.:thumbsup:
image.jpeg

Just looking at the week ahead's weather for Fresno, NICE!
Sunny and warm, light winds, and this is your winter??
How do I get a green card? lol.

I live in Coarsegold, closer to Yosemite than Fresno. I moved here just eight months ago from the Bay Area, about 40 minutes from the coast. And no, according to long time residents here this is very unusual weather. It should be the rainy season right here and snow on the ground just a few miles away in Yosemite, about 23 miles away as the elevation rises from a half mile to over a mile high.

Back