More pics anyone?

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
Since I'm homebound due to rain here and snow nearby where I'd like to ride, I thought I'd look at some pics of where I've been and where I'll be riding when the weather allows, all within a few hours away. The HUGE trees are in the north grove of the Calaveras Big Trees SP on highway 4 west of Ebbetts Pass. The big lake is Lake Tahoe just a bit north.
Bobs (2).jpg
Bobs (3).jpg
Bobs (4).jpg
Bobs.jpg
Big Trees SP Sep 08 006 (Medium).jpg
Five Sierra Passes In Two days 037 (Medium).jpg
Five Sierra Passes In Two days 055 (Medium).jpg
Five Sierra Passes In Two days 106 (Medium).jpg
Five Sierra Passes In Two days 128 (Medium).jpg
Five Sierra Passes In Two days 135 (Medium).jpg
One weekend when I lived near the coast I rode my CBX over all five Sierra passes (not) on an Interstate. I rode east over the Tioga thru Yosemite NP and west over the Sonora on Saturday and then east over Ebbetts Pass and back west over the Monitor and Carson Passes on Sunday (yes, named after Kit Carson). Helluva nice weekend!

Thank you for sharing ! Great photos . Side story for you about a CBX . I have a good friend in Arizona who had one very beautiful Red CBX with lots of top notch work . It was kept in the house in its own back bedroom . A group of us stayed the night , and I volunteered to take the floor in the room with the CBX .
There was no bed in this room . Laid my bed roll out next to the CBX looking at it for awhile till falling asleep . Woke up in the morning under the header / front tire . Apparently I moved around a bit in my sleep . It was quiet cool of a site to wake under :)

Those trees are magnificent , got any info on estimated age of those bro ? Thanks for sharing that ride adventure pictures CBXRider . :thumbsup:

Some are 600-700 and some are over a thousand years old. There are Sequoias and Redwoods. Some reach 300' and measure over 30' at the base. I used to live up on the north coast of California just a few miles north of the Avenue of the Giants, the largest grove or forest of the remaining old growth giants. The Avenue is a 26 mile stretch of tree lined two lane that runs parallel with hiway 101. Walking out among the Giants is an experience that can't be compared. The ones in the pic are along a mile+ walkway in the north grove at Big Trees SP on hiway 4. Just park and walk along a man made trail, easy even in riding boots. Both are great riding areas. Heading up or down the coast? You'll run thru the Avenue. Heading over the Sierras? You'll have to stop at the Park.

Thank you for sharing ! Great photos . Side story for you about a CBX . I have a good friend in Arizona who had one very beautiful Red CBX with lots of top notch work . It was kept in the house in its own back bedroom . A group of us stayed the night , and I volunteered to take the floor in the room with the CBX .
There was no bed in this room . Laid my bed roll out next to the CBX looking at it for awhile till falling asleep . Woke up in the morning under the header / front tire . Apparently I moved around a bit in my sleep . It was quiet cool of a site to wake under :)

Having known a few CBX owners I don't doubt that story one bit. There is supposed to be a guy in the Sacramento area that bought one new and has never fired it up. He keeps it in his house too. Has less than ten miles on it, all from pushing it in and out of trailers. I bought a Ducati 999 (like this) that was over five years old that had 1,004 miles on it some years back. That owner considered it to be art and kept it in his dining room just inside his deck at his southern Montana ranch house.
image.jpeg

Back