Can you say dumbass?

There is nothing wrong with our society helping people out when they are down. The problem is that we are going to ruin our ability to do that if we do not get better or more succesful models to work with. We are running into massive debt, and our ability to maintain welfare programs will diminish. Ya, I hear it there are some rich people we can still milk, but would it not be better if we could be more results oriented? It seems that we have our last $100 and we are just going back to the bar. For things to work, the logic has to work. Wants and wishes and feel goods only go so far, we need a sustainable model. I do not intend to compare the poor and out of luck to animals, I intend to point out that the logic of the program administrators is suspect due to the observed results. Sorry for any offense.

You just did that (point out we need a sustainable model) better than that stupid sign. :thumbsup:

I always wondered where the idea that food stamps was such an awesome program where you can get tons of stuff for free came from...the National average for food stamp awards is $272/month for a family of 4. That's about $2.25 per day per person. Try to get 3 meals in for that, let me know how it goes.
Do a little more math. Children attending school receive two free meals a day. There's a reason they trade and sell their cards for alcohol and drugs. Where's my free cell phone :laugh:

Top 12 Reasons to Vote Democrat

1. I voted Democrat because I love the fact that I can now marry whatever I want. I've decided to marry my German Shepherd.

2. I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.

3. I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

4. I voted Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody Is offended by it.

5. I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.

6. I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if It will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a GM Chevy Volt.

7. I voted Democrat because I'm not concerned about millions of babies being aborted so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.

8. I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health-care, education, and Social Security benefits, and we should take away the social security from those who paid into it.

9. I voted Democrat because I believe that businesses should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrats see fit.

10. I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.

11. I voted Democrat because I think that it's better to pay billions for their oil to people who hate us, but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle, gopher or fish.

12. I voted Democrat because my head is so firmly planted up my ass it's unlikely that I'll ever have another point of view.

I agree! :thumbsup:

Do a little more math. Children attending school receive two free meals a day. There's a reason they trade and sell their cards for alcohol and drugs. Where's my free cell phone :laugh:

I was on that program growing up, no they dont. In general, the guidelines for that program exclude a large segment of the population who needs them, so a lot of children don't recieve this food. Check out the first part of this article from the Washington Post for more info (5 myths about school food) Even if we subtract the children out, it still leaves the adult members of the family attempting to eat on $1.50 per meal, hardly an extravagant amount of money. Still doesn't change the fact that people are somehow stupid enough to believe that people living on food stamps can afford to eat well for free.

As for the "Obama Phone", this argument is false on multiple levels...firstly, the program was originated under Reagan back in the mid 80s after the break up of AT&T, and the current incarnation of the program was put into effect in 2008 during the Bush Administration. The program provides discounted phone service for low income families, but is funded by the telecom companies through a non profit group, and no tax money is involved. (FactCheck.org : The Obama Phone?)

Next time you make wild statements, please make sure you do the research to avoid looking stupid. I know you most likely are an intelligent person, but when you believe a story without checking it out, you fall victim.

Someone said Dems. make poor worker , maybe. I find Reps. make poor human beings. This is why I,m an Independent.

I was on that program growing up, no they dont. In general, the guidelines for that program exclude a large segment of the population who needs them, so a lot of children don't recieve this food. Check out the first part of this article from the Washington Post for more info (5 myths about school food) Even if we subtract the children out, it still leaves the adult members of the family attempting to eat on $1.50 per meal, hardly an extravagant amount of money. Still doesn't change the fact that people are somehow stupid enough to believe that people living on food stamps can afford to eat well for free.

As for the "Obama Phone", this argument is false on multiple levels...firstly, the program was originated under Reagan back in the mid 80s after the break up of AT&T, and the current incarnation of the program was put into effect in 2008 during the Bush Administration. The program provides discounted phone service for low income families, but is funded by the telecom companies through a non profit group, and no tax money is involved. (FactCheck.org : The Obama Phone?)

Next time you make wild statements, please make sure you do the research to avoid looking stupid. I know you most likely are an intelligent person, but when you believe a story without checking it out, you fall victim.

And you grew up, what, last year. Not swayed. Oh, I know stupid when I read as well as ignorant. What adult members. Typically there's one. Keep doing the math brother. Not a lot of skinny Americans walking around. Funny about the phones. They popped up around here for this past presidential election and are widely viewed as Obama Phones by those that received them. You're right about one thing my wild arse statements are based on what I see not the views and statistics of others. I wouldn't know where anyone would get the idea that American children are well feed. If you ever want to see what poor is; leave the states. I grew up in poverty as well, I just didn't have the benefit of Uncle Sams ( The tax payers ) hand outs. I had hand me down clothes, drank water from the sink, ate veggies out of the small family garden in the back yard, not gonna do this in here. I had a great childhood. I was loved and all my needs were met. Even though we were regarded as poor, the environment I grew up in was so, so much better than the one the majority of children grow up in today.

Obama Phones. He dupped the poor again. Ronald Reagan was responsible for making phones more a affordable for the poor not free. Back in the 1980’s the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), under the Ronald Reagan administration, created the Universal access initiative, which aimed to “promote the availability of quality services at just, reasonable and affordable rates for all consumers.” Through this initiative the Federal Lifeline Assistance program was developed.

This program came about under Bill Clinton

The Federal Lifeline Assistance program began offering discounted phone service to needy Americans who were unemployed or living at or below the poverty level. In 1996, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) created the Universal Service Fund, stating that all providers of telecommunications services should contribute a specified fee to the fund to be used to increase nationwide access to advanced telecommunications services” and “advance the availability of such services to all consumers, including those in low income, rural, insular, and high cost areas at rates that are reasonably comparable to those charged in urban areas.” Thus the program shifted from discounted landlines to mobile phones, since they were thought to be more useful.

Which basically is paid for by everyone who pays for services. There is and never has been a free lunch brother.

Also there's a lot more to the welfare state than food stamps. There's a reason that 47% of Americans are on the government hand out.

I'm still gonna look more into the phones because during the past year we had phone vendors popping up at shopping areas offering the phones that are widely viewed as Obama Phones. I only checked one source and it's very difficult today to determine the truth now a days, but for some reason ( the election ) those phone companies went to the streets to offer these phones. Maybe you have some insight on that.

Someone said Dems. make poor worker , maybe. I find Reps. make poor human beings. This is why I,m an Independent.

I was independent, but I do not like being left out of primaries...I think everybody can be of value, but peeps that put the big boy pants on always take a hit for not being so nice...."can you get that job done?" "Oh, you have this problen & that issue? "Want me to get some tissues?" or "OK just take the rest of the week off" .. Someone says "Quit that sniveling and get back to work" & they are the bad guy. How about "there is math behind the spending and the deficit" 2X GDP :banghead:

I'm sick of my hard earned check shrinking and going to someone whom don't want to work( not everybody) even if they are offered a job. As for those people, they can dry up in a ditch. No love lost for those bums.

That's why I make up my own mind instead of listening to what others say to start with. Both comments are of little value. You'll find good and bad in all walks of life.

I love it when we play fair.

Dear CEO:

Why instead of cutting the jobs of those that make you wealthy maybe you can cut your multimillion dollar salary and your golden parachute at the end of your carreer? I don't know say "10%"... Hmm not possible cuz i'm a greeady SOB and don't give a sugar about anyone else.
To the rest of you I hope you choke on a Hot Dog at your annual company picnic. :laugh::moon:

Sincerely Obama Sticker Holders

I always wondered where the idea that food stamps was such an awesome program where you can get tons of stuff for free came from...the National average for food stamp awards is $272/month for a family of 4. That's about $2.25 per day per person. Try to get 3 meals in for that, let me know how it goes.

I don't think the program is there to buy all the food for the family its just to help them along. People bish about the help they get when they get help. Its rediculous. They get a obama phone and bish because its not a iphone. they want a camera or the new gadgets etc. pssh be lucky your getting a phone with my money!

I don't think the program is there to buy all the food for the family its just to help them along. People bish about the help they get when they get help. Its rediculous. They get a obama phone and bish because its not a iphone. they want a camera or the new gadgets etc. pssh be lucky your getting a phone with my money!

Apparently it's a Bush Phone :laugh:

When hurricane Sandy struck the East Coast, even houses of worship were not spared.
A local television station interviewed a woman from New Jersey and asked how the loss of churches in the area would affect their lives.

Without hesitation, the woman replied, "I don't know 'bout all those other people, but we ain't gone to Churches in years. We gets our chicken from Popeye's."

The look on the interviewer's face was priceless.

They live among us, AND THEY VOTE.

Now, do you understand how we got our president, and re-elected him???

Your 5 facts article, I read it by the way, doesn't provide any 'facts'. If you analyze it, it's just his opinions to explain the studies he sites. IOW, it's not conclusive at all. Here is another article that uses different government studies to prove the that the program is rife with fraud and abuse:
School free-lunch program dogged by abuses - Page 2 - Chicago Tribune

I'm not saying you are wrong but I do have personal experience from family members that took advantage of the system to get reduced price lunches. Keep in mind this is a redundant program since technically if you are eligible for free or reduced school lunches, you are probably eligible for the SNAP program so that they should be brown bagging it anyway.

As far as what you stated about the obama phones, do you think just because it's not 'funded' by tax payers that it doesn't cost us money? This article states what you say but it adds parts that you DON'T mention, like the phone companies charge regular users an additional fee to cover the expenses of that program.
Crazy For "Obama Phones" - But Are They For Real? - Forbes

Or the fact that program also, like most government programs has abuse and fraud. In case you don't understand, just because it not labeled a tax doesn't mean it's not costing you money. Taxes are an expense just like regular goods and services. If gas goes up in price due to supply in demand that's influenced by government, still costs you money. If I raise your fuel prices by increasing the taxes on fuel, your expenses still go up. You just see the price per gallon. I can keep your income taxes the same and just increase sales tax for food items and still raise revenue like I raised your income taxes.

I do hope you understand that. IOW, everyone is paying the price for Obama, not just the rich but take heart:

Back