Can you say dumbass?

My favorite quote:

You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.”
--Dr. Adrian Rogers

My favorite quote:

You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.”
--Dr. Adrian Rogers

Just because this person has a "DR" in front of his name does make him a genious. It states "when half the people" ....since when is it that half the people work and half don't...wrong. That is naive to think so. Almost all the "welfare" goes to those states that vote republican ironically enough..If the wealthy would stop being so arrogant in saying "f&*Ck the poor I got mine you get yours this world would be a better place. the rich get rich because of the poor workers they take advantage of...It is not as simple as this naive favorite quote of yours states. the world is a lot more complicated than that. :banghead:

here is the diagram:

facebook_-2063363758.JPG

I say, get your ass up in the morning, put your boots on, go to work, if you don't have a job, look for a job, everyday. Look for a job till you find a job. Rake tar, shovel cow sh*t, pick apples. American are lazy and want the Government to take care of them. That's why the food stamp President won. Why would you vote for someone (Romney) that want to cut the free ride. You can't win a election when your running against Santa Claus.

In my state we got a Tea party Governor ( he's my hero). Unfortunately, in his first half of his term he pissed off so many people with cuts he wanted to implement that the "Layabouts" came out in groves to vote in a democratic legislature to oppose any cut to Maine's generous welfare funds. The democrats in my eyes are traders to our country. They are against prosperity, the mentality of you can't have more then me, even if you earned it. The "I want something for free" people are now a majority in my State. I feel we are doomed, more and more people are giving up and jumping on the free ride wagon. How much longer will it go, when there's no one left to pull it.

No easy answers here but it is alarming that the "recipient" counts keep climbing. That suggests that we hava a fundamental flaw in our gameplan. Worse, the idle hands occupy themselves with shooting @ each other and allot of other "unproductive" activities. It would be great if we could come up with a model that reduces the recipient numbers over time, and contains an amount of productive engagement as well. For a country that has so much to be done, sad that so many are idle. Large scale projects could demand labor and ingredients, providing the possibility of a "two for" or win-win. Paint, tools, building materials, turning into clean neighborhoods, kept forests, groomed roadways....while providing rewarding engagment and some "practical application" education.

I'm personally still waiting for the day that people really wake up and realize that the true fight isn't between the right and the left, liberals and conservatives, or democrats and republicans; it's the rich against everyone else. When the top 1% owns more than 40% of the nation's wealth, including our military contractors, new media outlets, and financial markets, the amount of control they can exert on the nation is extremely dangerous, and since we've deregulated our government to allow them to gobble up more and more control, its only going to get worse.

Ever wonder why our television programming constantly gets stupider, more violent, and more sexually charged? 'Opiate for the Masses' is a good explanation.

We live in a fuedal society just as real as the english dark ages.

I myself have come full circle on the weapon used. Initially it was then it wasn't and a video showed them supposedly removing an Ar15 from trunk of car. But after seeing video repeatedly I've convinced myself weapon taken from trunk WAS NOT an Ar15 but instead some sort of shotgun. If this video is the only things convincing the conspiracy theorists that no Ar15 was used inside than they are wrong. Medical examiner and coroner have both said wounds were from that caliber and many shell cases were found on scene. Now unless there is a total and complete agreeance on law enforcement and media lying to us I just don't think it is anything else other than the truth. An Ar15 was used to do the deed. Still wont change my opinion on civilian ownership but I believe now that was weapon used.

Problem is those are facts. Why allow facts to sway your opinion?

I'm personally still waiting for the day that people really wake up and realize that the true fight isn't between the right and the left, liberals and conservatives, or democrats and republicans; it's the rich against everyone else. When the top 1% owns more than 40% of the nation's wealth, including our military contractors, new media outlets, and financial markets, the amount of control they can exert on the nation is extremely dangerous, and since we've deregulated our government to allow them to gobble up more and more control, its only going to get worse.

Ever wonder why our television programming constantly gets stupider, more violent, and more sexually charged? 'Opiate for the Masses' is a good explanation.

We live in a fuedal society just as real as the english dark ages.

It worked in Rome with the Gladiators didn't it?

here is the diagram:

I always wondered where the idea that food stamps was such an awesome program where you can get tons of stuff for free came from...the National average for food stamp awards is $272/month for a family of 4. That's about $2.25 per day per person. Try to get 3 meals in for that, let me know how it goes.

There is nothing wrong with our society helping people out when they are down. The problem is that we are going to ruin our ability to do that if we do not get better or more succesful models to work with. We are running into massive debt, and our ability to maintain welfare programs will diminish. Ya, I hear it there are some rich people we can still milk, but would it not be better if we could be more results oriented? It seems that we have our last $100 and we are just going back to the bar. For things to work, the logic has to work. Wants and wishes and feel goods only go so far, we need a sustainable model. I do not intend to compare the poor and out of luck to animals, I intend to point out that the logic of the program administrators is suspect due to the observed results. Sorry for any offense.

I never seen such a bunch of sore LOSERS... you lost give it up...Let's work together to try and get things done instead of regurgitating Garbage.

IOW, STFU and do what I say?
I could screech a famous quote from Hillary Clinton but I have balls. It sounds funny when I say it.

I hear they have job openings in N Korea for guards at the reeducation camps. They got them mapped on google finally so you can apply for the one close to the beach. :laugh: Just kidn..

It's hard to work together on a problem when 1 side doesn't think the problem exists. Spending, what spending?

No, my reply was regarding liberals not having all the information (data) whether willingly or unwillingly. That's all, I was trying to communicate. I have to admit, liberals make lousy mechanics, engineers and scientists:

Fleas, wft u talking about, this black death crap is from evil spirits. MSNBC said some leaches will drain away those bumps. That flea, rat crap was from fox news.

We can't use that tree ring data for our climate projections, that crap came from fox news and it screws up our hockey stick.

I'm not going to remap my engine because of that dyno chart, that data was from fox news and it's all lies.

I think we can work together once everyone see's ALL the data for the 'problem'. :thumbsup:

I vote without emotion and think through what I do. Hence I could never vote Democrat.

Back