can I trust the specs regarding the gallons capacity for gas?

Wallie

Registered
According to the specs of the bike it holds 6.5 gallons of gas, but when I go to get gas I only can put 4.6 gallons and that's is pushing it to limit. I'm starting to think what else could be wrong at the specs.

Ps.
by the way in nice here in Orlando fl. 80 d.

SPECS.jpg

Last edited:
The light will come on when you have less than .09 gallons remaining (your "reserve") So if you really need to know how far you can go. Check how much fuel you put in (gallons) and divide the miles you rode that tank (lets say 130 miles on those 4.6 gallons) that would be 28mpg. So you could in theory get roughly 154 miles out of your 5.5 gallon tank running it completely out.

ride it until it runs out of gas and try again.:whistle:

The light is a warning that you are getting low...not out. You prolly have a little less than a gallon when the light comes on.

:beerchug:
The light will come on when you have less than .09 gallons remaining (your "reserve") So if you really need to know how far you can go. Check how much fuel you put in (gallons) and divide the miles you rode that tank (lets say 130 miles on those 4.6 gallons) that would be 28mpg. So you could in theory get roughly 154 miles out of your 5.5 gallon tank running it completely out.

A. You are adding fuel when the light goes ON.
The light goes OFF when you add enough fuel to the tank.

B. You still have 0.9 gallons of fuel when the low fuel light comes
ON. This is known as your reserve.

:hijack: Raider out.
P1581

Edit: Looks like I type too slow.
My light usually comes on with 190 - 200 miles riden.
You can put MORE fuel in than the tank is rated for.

Last edited:

The past weeks I Did 190 miles before the light when off. Usually a get 4o to 42 MPG. All a know is that sense a remove the yoshi and put the exhaust tips I'm getting btw 180 tp 190 mpg. But I was wondering on the gas capacity on the bike.

My 06 (CA model) has one gallon left when the low fuel light comes on. Nowhere does my paperwork say I have a 6+ gallon tank.

I have 1.5 gallons when my light comes on...

your book certainly says 6.34G better double check what that manual is for.. could be a misprint.. funny it only took how many years for someone to spot it? guess everyone should RTFM... :laugh:

The past weeks I Did 190 miles before the light when off. Usually a get 4o to 42 MPG. All a know is that sense a remove the yoshi and put the exhaust tips I'm getting btw 180 tp 190 mpg. But I was wondering on the gas capacity on the bike.

180-190 mpg is pretty amazing.. :rofl: so you are adding 5G after the light comes on? mine comes on at about 160 or so..

Last edited:

your book certainly says 6.34G better double check what that manual is for.. could be a misprint.. funny it only took how many years for someone to spot it? guess everyone should RTFM... :laugh:

180-190 mpg is pretty amazing.. :rofl: so you are adding 5G after the light comes on? mine comes on at about 160 or so..

I usualy get between 200 to 220 miles between fill ups...but I'm a very smooth operator :laugh:

I usualy get between 200 to 220 miles between fill ups...but I'm a very smooth operator :laugh:
yea figures there old boy... I can stretch 200M but that is dipping into reserve pretty good.. highway runs (sub-80mph) I can get about 185 before the light comes on... Chasing the rabbits through your neck of the woods up and down the hills, it is the low 30's for mileage..

I was looking at his 180 mpg.. that would be 990 miles on a tank :laugh:

I got this ingo from the net when I was looking for the specs on 2000 busa and that's what a got. I was thinking of the same thiing it could be a misprint.

The thing is that I getting more millage w/ the exhaust tips that I was getting w/ the yoshi r3 cans.

I got this ingo from the net when I was looking for the specs on 2000 busa and that's what a got. I was thinking of the same thiing it could be a misprint.

The thing is that I getting more millage w/ the exhaust tips that I was getting w/ the yoshi r3 cans.
aww.. if you downloaded it, there is no telling what the specs came from.. get a hard copy of the manual.. ( I did see the page where you got that spec, they are wrong)

It is possible that your mileage when up with factory exhaust.. the bike is tuned for it and it is possible that the additional savaging of the aftermarket parts used more fuel.. (but made a bit more power as well)

Last edited:
aww.. if you downloaded it, there is no telling what the specs came from.. get a hard copy of the manual.. ( I did see the page where you got that spec, they are wrong)

It is possible that your mileage when up with factory exhaust.. the bike is tuned for it and it is possible that the additional savaging of the aftermarket parts used more fuel.. (but made a bit more power as well)

here is the link from where I got the info
2000 Suzuki GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa specifications and pictures

pics with the yoshi and w/ the tpis

Busa-1.jpg

Busa-8.jpg

Back