Can I get some help with brakes?

greg3852

Registered
So I want to do some brembo brakes on the Gen 1. I'm looking to do it as inexpensively (not cheap) as possible. I've been trying to find out the sizes and what works with what, but in my current mental state I'm really not able. Ive heard of people using ducati brembos, etc. Gen 2's with adapters. I'm looking for the calipers, brembos, and whatever that rcs19 or something like that. Can anyone take some of their time and pick me out what to buy. I'm looking for the easiest way to do this. I dont care if I could save $12 another way, it is just my brain isn't working well right now and I need some help. I would deeply appreciate it and I'll send you some bud light. lol Thanks guys.

Just did the same
You need rcs 19 which you can get from revzilla
Then you need reservoirs
See the attachments for part numbers.

This gets you part of the way.
I'm not sure what calipers will work on a gen 1

Screenshot_20230503_200733_Outlook.jpg

Screenshot_20230503_200639_Outlook.jpg

Send Blue Moon not bud light

I’m not sure if you have rifled through this thread, but it might be a good start.

Hayabusa Brake Upgrade rant. | General Bike Related Topics

My Current setup will put you over the bars with one finger if you are not careful; consists of the following :

The above is the Easy route! If you choose to go with Radial Calipers, it gets a little more complicated as shims might be required to get the Caliper in the right position relative to the Rotors (in 2 axes) used, but overall most of the same items apply. There are fewer options as far as mounting brackets as you can see if you go to the link above at Webike. There are far more Radial Calipers around so finding a good clean used set might offset the more expensive adapters.
MsNXAOhp-x8KzfGlm4JfSA=w2308-h1298-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

NwZtkpHtIRrOtaG0Ny2T71w=w730-h1298-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

One more thing, regarding the Adapter posted above by SSGT_B.. The RCS Master Cylinder has the Banjo fitting on the bottom so youll need brake lines that either bolt up correctly or use an adapter as above. I got around this because I have Venhill Custom lines and they just happen to make a 20 degree left bend adpater that allows you to just bolt it up directly so thats why mine looks like it does. They just thread into the fittings on their brake lines!
HxMP7m9SJ9jWcwFCSjpWZA=w2308-h1298-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

^^^^^^

That ! I bought the adapter but then got longer lines to replace the new galfer lines I had on there because of the mounting position. Never even used the adapter. Heck I still have new(used) galfer lines sitting in a ziplock bag lol

One more thing, regarding the Adapter posted above by SSGT_B.. The RCS Master Cylinder has the Banjo fitting on the bottom so youll need brake lines that either bolt up correctly or use an adapter as above. I got around this because I have Venhill Custom lines and they just happen to make a 20 degree left bend adpater that allows you to just bolt it up directly so thats why mine looks like it does. They just thread into the fittings on their brake lines!
View attachment 1666152
I didn't notice this for all the reading I did on the rcs.
Is this specific to gen 1 or all?
Crap I just got coremoto lines and rcs19...
Need go check what bolts came with it?

i use at my ´00 gen1 both masters (cl : 15 dia & br 17 dia) of a ducati 749/999 with full success

in principal ;
the brake master is a 17 dia - the 19 dia , so my exp. , is good for racetracks but not for street use - they are too much biting (up to "poisonous"), so that the risk of over-braking is quite high, especially in the case of emergency/panic braking.
if an abs ist at the bike that argument is obsolete , because the abs will correct the over braking and the front wheel will stay upright.
then any size at the br master is ok even 19.

to the front calipers at all gen1s
do a deep cleaning every 30000 km / 22000 mi - see my page here for that - it is the pure horror what sometimes can be found there inside.
after cleaning the cals brake is wonderfull again 4 the next 22 k mi - believe me - did that job now dozens of times allways with 100% success - usually no material costs exept the dot 4 /5.1 - only ca. 5-6 h are needed .

use only organic pads - ebc are very good at all seasons - a usual rider won´t find out if they are not that much biting like full sinter.
the full/semi sinter formally "eat/bite down" the "old" gen1 - discs over 14-16000 miles down "to the thickness of the blade of a breadcutting machine" (as we call that behavior here in germany)

and read this "only text" page ;)

Back