Can I get some help, please?

RatherBusa

Registered
Just trying to access extra euro-style connector on 2008 to hook up Greg's wire harness.

I was told I have to remove the gauge cluster to get at it, but I can't seem to remove it. I have gotten it lose, but cannot remove it.

I was also told by the service shop that I'd have to remove the nose of the bike in order to remove cluster. Any advice here?

Thanks!!!

You do not have to remove the nose to remove the cluster remove all black cover parts that cover the fuse box etc. Then if memory serves me right there are 2 bolts which are clearly visible. After that it is a pressure fit into 2 rubber inserts and the wiring harness on left side which is a pinch to remove.

Last edited:
You do not have to remove the nose to remove the cluster remove all black cover parts that cover the fuse box etc. Then if memory serves me right there are 2 bolts which are clearly visible. After that it is a pressure fit into 2 rubber inserts and the wiring harness on left side which is a pinch to remove.

Awesome. Thanks!

And you are referring to the 08?

I only see one black part to remove to get to the two bolts holding the cluster in - looks like just a small cover held in by a push-pin on either side and an allen bolt in the center.

I removed this black, plastic cover, then the 2 bolts holding the cluster in.

Now the cluster is lose and seems like it would just pop right out, but seems held in at the top by something. Maybe I just need to be forceful with it?

Sorry to be a dufus here, but can you describe the rubber inserts you are referring to? And you remove the wiring harness? I am just looking for the extra plug....

Thanks in advance...

Hopefully you can see these the red are just clips that unsnap when you give a little pull each side the yellow are plastic push button holders you take out. Bottom comes out with 2 pull holders. In the pick the check shows the black piece that will not be removed it stays there. The 1234 are the corresponding clips on each part. Remove 2 bolts each side marked in red. Then the guage are pressure fit into a rubber housing on left and right. Little pull they'll come out. The wiring harness is on left side behind fuel gauge.

Guages1.jpg

Guages2.jpg

Hopefully you can see these the red are just clips that unsnap when you give a little pull each side the yellow are plastic push button holders you take out. Bottom comes out with 2 pull holders. In the pick the check shows the black piece that will not be removed it stays there. The 1234 are the corresponding clips on each part. Remove 2 bolts each side marked in red. Then the guage are pressure fit into a rubber housing on left and right. Little pull they'll come out. The wiring harness is on left side behind fuel gauge.

Seriously, thanks a bunch man. As I said in the PM, I just needed the confidence and understanding about how the top plastic piece came out.

After we got off the phone, I had it out within 5 minutes, no sweat.

Now, all my devices are hooked up to regulated and switched 12V power, using the BoostBySmith wire adaptor. Very much so rocks.

Thanks again!

Back