Call me stupid.... I can't figure it out...

silwarrior

Registered
Installed a new Triple Tree and did everything else myself on the bike but; does any one have pictures on how to get the forks through the triple tree...? Exactly what screws need to be loosened..? Thanks

thier are lower and upper clamps on the forks, if you look straight up above the front finder thier is a plastic piece that can be removed to get better acsess to the lower clamp bolts. remove that piece its held on with about 5 push pins. then loosen the bolts on the clamps , then loosen the top clamp its a alen head bolt. do this to both forks and make sure you get them both the exact same height.. also put something like a jack under your oilpan to take the weight off the bike in case the forks come up higher than you want and the front can collaps on you fender..

you just want the bolts loosened up just enought to slide the forks up slowly

Boy, she lowers a bike and thinks she knows it all. Well she gave you very good directions. I didn't remove the bottom plate of the nose, but it will make it easier.

Loosen the bottom ones first. then you can loosen the top gently and let them slide up. This would be if you have weight of front tire on the ground.

thier are lower and upper clamps on the forks, if you look straight up above the front finder thier is a plastic piece that can be removed to get better acsess to the lower clamp bolts. remove that piece its held on with about 5 push pins. then loosen the bolts on the clamps , then loosen the top clamp its a alen head bolt. do this to both forks and make sure you get them both the exact same height.. also put something like a jack under your oilpan to take the weight off the bike in case the forks come up higher than you want and the front can collaps on you fender..

Thanks for the info Busa Girl.. :thumbsup: Done.... Whew.. I guess I was more scared than anything of dropping it to far..

Back