Issue with the keyboard,call me stupid

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
My keyboard was acting up,so,doh,I buy a new one.
OK,weird part.New keyboard does the same thing old one did. :banghead:
Here`s what I get when I type a question mark: É
`` ` ``` `` ` up arrow 6
side arrows " '
etcetc

WTH RSD. :crazy:

That may be a corrupt driver. First download and install the latest display driver. If that does not fix it, download the latest mouse and/or keyboard driver. Make sure you get reboots in there even if they are not required (assuming this is a Windows system.)

Questions:

Laptop/desktop or tablet?
Wired/wireless or built-in keyboard?
Is the country and locale set correctly in control panel?
Is language set to English US?

It sounds like a setting is out of whack. Maybe set to English French / Canada?

From Microsoft pertner support:

My question mark on keyboard shows as an E... I have tried to go into Control Panel/Regional settings but it doesn't seem to work and it seems other tabs aren't working properly either.. Please help as this is very frustrating!

You have an International key of French keyboard set..

Go to Control Panel > Regional and Language > Keyboards tab

Set an English keyboard as the default and then remove/delete any other keyboards

That may be a corrupt driver. First download and install the latest display driver. If that does not fix it, download the latest mouse and/or keyboard driver. Make sure you get reboots in there even if they are not required (assuming this is a Windows system.)
I like your thinkin wannabe. :thumbsup: Im gonna start with the keyboard(wireless) drivers.

Mr.Brown...I was gonna re-boot with my size 12 sh#& kickers but where is the win in that.:banghead:
Last time I hurt a computer device was when I spilled Sambuka into my printer.:laugh:
Alcohol abuse, technology challenged....

Tanks guys

Rubb.

I did some googling and I think ottafish identified it. You may have switched languages inadvertently so make sure and check that first!

After that, believe it or not the display driver would be more likely to show the wrong stuff on the screen before a keyboard driver would. (Just thinking out loud :) )

Back