Cali riders, I need some advice!

Orion

Registered
All,

I am taking a weeklong trip with my wife
poke.gif
up PCH from LA to San Francisco next week and I would appreciate some suggestions on the best places to stop, the best things to do, and the best places to eat. I have already booked by hotels in: Santa Barbara, Monterey Bay, Santa Cruz, and San Francisco. I want to do as much as I can, I am really looking forward to a great trip. I was planing on eating at the Cliff House one night and Neptunes Palace the other night in SF. Anyone have more suggestions?

Thanks peeps!

Just did a little 3 day weekend with the wife...stayed at the doubletree in Monterey for a night..the little brewpub at the hotel had killer beers and served up a pretty good prime rib, too. Check out the "olive guy" art shop in the little shopping plaza there...I got a neat piece from him, and he serves up a mean martini while you shop! Stayed at the Sheraton Palace in the City for a night, did the whole fisherman's wharf/pier 39 tourist thing....even though I lived there for 20 years! Ate dinner at that goofy "Rainforrest Cafe" place across from the pier...actually had really good food and the barkeep mixed a stiff drink once you chatted him up a bit!
Sounds like you may be looking for more upscale joints....but I definately recommend that brewpub at the Doubletree, maybe check out lunch there.
Have a great trip!

TBone

Back