C14 repairs ( shinko tires out of round )

c10 did you ride the Connie? I would be curious about your thoughts?
Not my cup of tea as I feel the C14 lacks in suspension , fuel economy is not great , and with smallest tank 5.8 gallons . Kawasaki did not try to save weight were they could . Some of the parts I touched were wow factor on their weight . No cruise control STILL with all competitors having it is not helping sales .
It has good power , but hard to service . I have not heard of a single C14 or ZX not needing a shim change on any valve adjustment . While Yamaha / Honda seem to never need a shim change . Kawasaki has a long history of poor cam material pitting / wearing . The Rear wheel , and tire was 44.75 pounds !!!! The tire was an avg 15 lb tour tire so a 30 pound wheel WTF ! My FJR 1300 wheel was in the teens ( would take me hours to find the photo with accurate weight )

Not my cup of tea as I feel the C14 lacks in suspension , fuel economy is not great , and with smallest tank 5.8 gallons . Kawasaki did not try to save weight were they could . Some of the parts I touched were wow factor on their weight . No cruise control STILL with all competitors having it is not helping sales .
It has good power , but hard to service . I have not heard of a single C14 or ZX not needing a shim change on any valve adjustment . While Yamaha / Honda seem to never need a shim change . Kawasaki has a long history of poor cam material pitting / wearing . The Rear wheel , and tire was 44.75 pounds !!!! The tire was an avg 15 lb tour tire so a 30 pound wheel WTF ! My FJR 1300 wheel was in the teens ( would take me hours to find the photo with accurate weight )
Last weekend was the first time the wheels had ever been off on my concours and I was like you when I took the rear off. I was shocked at the weight of the rear, considering the angel GT rear was 16lbs +or-

Reactions: c10
Back