C14 and Bird side by side comparison

Thank god u am not alone. My k6 600 I HATED! From the minute I pulled out of the dealer parking lot. The “thinness” Of it was in my mind equivalent to zipping around on a thong especially because all it ever did was make my pants ride up like no tomorrow.

LOL..absolutely. I brought my busa to inspection and they gave me a 600rr honda to ride home....OMG. I got her to 200kmh and then i got too scared beause I felt i was on a bicycle!
And at that time I maxed out the busa at last 1-2 times a week! Its crazy...the difference!

No I tried . Got my friends Stock ZX mirrors a few years ago when doing bar conversion , and they are way off to even think of using on a Bird .
Too bad....maybe it will be on my list of things to look for and change these mirrors out, they look like truck mirrors.

ZX vs Hayabusa ;) I'm a long time ZRXOA member. The ZRX is a ZX based engine with a different head . I loved my ZX11D and it was the lead towards the Hayabusa . After working on , and Riding many ZX14's I knew it was not the bike for me . Even with its top end hit it was like riding a school bus compared to my lightly suspension worked ZX11D ( 1999 )
The ZX's ( all ) have quirks with oil issues from #3 or #4 rod bearings to the current ZX14's 14'Rs with the cold start rattles , and still leaking (4th revision ) valve cover gasket leaks . Kawasaki never getting the tail to solo seat cover to stop rubbing the tail section . Low fuel capacity / MPG (the ZX11 had 6 gallons)
Things that are nice on the ZX to me . Brakes , Shift arm direct connection to shift shaft , Able to accept a center stand , better road lighting from headlights .

I chose the bird for its ease of service vs the 14 . Ill admit 15 years ago I disliked the Hayabusa , and had you told me one day I would own / love it . My response would of been now FKing way . Gen 1 Birds don't quite get me excited except their stock exhaust looks better than stock gen 2 . Gen 2 rear end use to remind me of a Baboon's ass until I saw a Katana :)
The ZRX / ZX11 brought me into the riding forums , and introduced me to some great friends . The Bird fills my riding desires , and is bringing in some good friends too ! I catch a lot of flack from 95% of the Kawasaki members/friends , but not one has been able to beat the bird or me in long distance , road course , or drag strip . its my Swiss army knife of a motorcycle .

Notes : When I say none of them can beat me it is meant as none of them have a bike that could do all three listed items . Some of them have a track bike , and could beat me on a road course , another has seriously fast drag bikes that would leave me sitting about 1/8 mile when he is hitting the turn at end of 1/4 mile run , and last a few have Goldwings C14's , but couldn't do 700 miles with 12 minutes of total stop time or 1170 miles 16 hours.

Too bad....maybe it will be on my list of things to look for and change these mirrors out, they look like truck mirrors.
I went with the KiWav’s on my bike they have a lower profile and indicators in them.

ED30DAE0-4061-4081-BDDD-F0CC418C678F.jpeg

C4BAED61-72BA-41BC-847A-1EE23A902562.jpeg

443199C8-1E67-4BDB-B1E3-8F681B2F197D.jpeg

4B672D5A-BA95-49E1-8EDB-97421AF3BC52.jpeg

A19B97BF-087E-459C-9E71-258CD0327B68.jpeg

8D5150D2-52B8-497E-9EFC-1ED9898F2219.jpeg

AEAB883C-E7D2-4215-8D68-29EF54F9FF14.jpeg

5831A37C-46A8-4C19-B737-E0E7098D8516.jpeg

ZX vs Hayabusa ;) I'm a long time ZRXOA member. The ZRX is a ZX based engine with a different head . I loved my ZX11D and it was the lead towards the Hayabusa . After working on , and Riding many ZX14's I knew it was not the bike for me . Even with its top end hit it was like riding a school bus compared to my lightly suspension worked ZX11D ( 1999 )
The ZX's ( all ) have quirks with oil issues from #3 or #4 rod bearings to the current ZX14's 14'Rs with the cold start rattles , and still leaking (4th revision ) valve cover gasket leaks . Kawasaki never getting the tail to solo seat cover to stop rubbing the tail section . Low fuel capacity / MPG (the ZX11 had 6 gallons)
Things that are nice on the ZX to me . Brakes , Shift arm direct connection to shift shaft , Able to accept a center stand , better road lighting from headlights .

I chose the bird for its ease of service vs the 14 . Ill admit 15 years ago I disliked the Hayabusa , and had you told me one day I would own / love it . My response would of been now FKing way . Gen 1 Birds don't quite get me excited except their stock exhaust looks better than stock gen 2 . Gen 2 rear end use to remind me of a Baboon's ass until I saw a Katana :)
The ZRX / ZX11 brought me into the riding forums , and introduced me to some great friends . The Bird fills my riding desires , and is bringing in some good friends too ! I catch a lot of flack from 95% of the Kawasaki members/friends , but not one has been able to beat the bird or me in long distance , road course , or drag strip . its my Swiss army knife of a motorcycle .

Notes : When I say none of them can beat me it is meant as none of them have a bike that could do all three listed items . Some of them have a track bike , and could beat me on a road course , another has seriously fast drag bikes that would leave me sitting about 1/8 mile when he is hitting the turn at end of 1/4 mile run , and last a few have Goldwings C14's , but couldn't do 700 miles with 12 minutes of total stop time or 1170 miles 16 hours.
I didn’t know there was someone else out there who saw the baboons ass on the gen2 lol everyone has called me crazy.
You are right about the Swiss army of bikes, it really is a great machine. Glad you have your Busa and are a valued member and advisor to our community.

Reactions: c10
Those look good too......decisions, decisions.....
I had k6 Gsxr600 that everyone here knows I hated with a passion. The one and only thing i liked was the indicator mirrors. It was one of the first bikes besides the black bird to get indicator mirrors.

I def like the 1000 mirrors they look great but the no indicators was what kept me away,

I had k6 Gsxr600 that everyone here knows I hated with a passion. The one and only thing i liked was the indicator mirrors. It was one of the first bikes besides the black bird to get indicator mirrors.

I def like the 1000 mirrors they look great but the no indicators was what kept me away,
Gen 2 guys dont need indicators in mirrors as they are integrated on the bike quiet well .

I will have to weigh that into my decision for sure.

Gen 2 guys dont need indicators in mirrors as they are integrated on the bike quiet well .
Yes that is true. Here in Long Island though visibility is everything. People will kill you around here when they can see you, imagine what happens when they can’t lol SPLAT!

Yes that is true. Here in Long Island though visibility is everything. People will kill you around here when they can see you, imagine what happens when they can’t lol SPLAT!
If you see you are about to be rear ended, just pull down into a pothole and they’ll drive right over your head. :hide:

Even with the yellow fairing, I have been cut off...people are too busy in their vehicles playing with all the buttons.

You must have ridden around here....I saw a scuba buoy in one of the potholes it was so big...
Never been in your neck of the woods, but if it’s anything like NY city, you try to avoid one pothole and hit two. Not sure where all the $8 to $16 dollar toll fee’s money goes.

Long Island :) been a minute since I was there . Mothers side is all from there . Nassau county / Sunrise hwy / Massapequa / Belmore . I loved riding the LIR as a kid . Mill pond

Long Island :) been a minute since I was there . Mothers side is all from there . Nassau county / Sunrise hwy / Massapequa / Belmore . I loved riding the LIR as a kid . Mill pond
My Grandparents on my Dad's side are from Long Island in the Babylon area. My Aunt and Uncle lived there until the mid '80s then moved to Florida.
I've never been there but will one day.

That generation is almost all gone now, not many of them left in my family.

I've been looking for good quality mirrors for a Gen 1 with indicators on the glass side. There used to be a member of this forum that added LEDs to the glass side of the OEM mirrors and they were great.

Back