Situational awareness and comparison of cultures.

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
So I am reading my daily news and I run across this article

a 4 year old, 6 year old and 7 year old are playing outside and a mine explodes, rips into one kids leg, and shrapnel rips into a another kids abdomen.

Then I think about the recent thread where everyone was kind of in an uproar about someone letting their 4 year old in the end zone of a football game.

.org thread

News thread http://www.myfoxla.com/myfox/pages/...n=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=5.2.1

And just kind of made me think wow.. I bet the father of the son who got his leg amputated, or had his intestines shredded with shrapnel wished all he had to worry about was his son getting tackled on the side lines of a football game.

Not minimizing on how the whole football incident could have turned out, it could have turned bad.. but.. I always look at things like this, make comparisons and always come out realizing just how really lucky we are here in the states.

And there are forces in this world that are bent on destroying our life style and tkaing this from us, and there are forces in this country that are willing to allow it to happen..

Sad….

I hear ya brother, and I'm very sure better examples could be found, however you don't just let kids roam the range while you have a good life. That's the way I see it.

(dadofthree @ Apr. 26 2007,11:34) I hear ya brother, and I'm very sure better examples could be found, however you don't just let kids roam the range while you have a good life. That's the way I see it.
No I totally agree. I watch my kids like a hawk, they are pretty much hardly ever out of my site (at least while they were younger) and even now my two teenagers are pretty much never somewhere unless I know exactly where.

And I agree, that 4 year old who got rammed by the football player should have never been on the field and the worse scenario that should have happened was the dad should have been hit while standing between the player and his son.

But with that said, reading articles about the explosive just makes me realy happy that I dont have that to worry about with my boys. there is enough to try and protect them from in this world, I couldnt imagine worrying about them out playing and getting killed because of a land mine or something....

Don't see your location and that's cool, but dangers are everywhere. I live in a small farming community and it is ate up with drugs and guns. The worse thing is that the kids in school are the worse. I'm sure your guys will be fine, but America is in deep shid

When I come to grips with something that happened very close to me, you guys will see my post about it. Keep your eyes open for it as I have yet figured out how to put it into words. This post made me think that I need to tell the story more than ever. There are things going on in other parts of the world that the media is ignoring right now.

(Shanling @ Apr. 26 2007,11:52) When I come to grips with something that happened very close to me, you guys will see my post about it. Keep your eyes open for it as I have yet figured out how to put it into words. This post made me think that I need to tell the story more than ever. There are things going on in other parts of the world that the media is ignoring right now.
The media ignores a lot of things.

I actucally pretty much despise most media now.

They often have their own agenda which often leads to inaccurate or not full covergae of issues.

And then on top of it I often will be watching news reports about an issue that I might be very familiar with and knowing the facts and I see the media inacuratley reporting the facts.

I really hate "most" new and media

(thrasherfox @ Apr. 26 2007,11:56)
(Shanling @ Apr. 26 2007,11:52) When I come to grips with something that happened very close to me, you guys will see my post about it. Keep your eyes open for it as I have yet figured out how to put it into words. This post made me think that I need to tell the story more than ever. There are things going on in other parts of the world that the media is ignoring right now.
The media ignores a lot of things.

I actucally pretty much despise most media now.

They often have their own agenda which often leads to inaccurate or not full covergae of issues.

And then on top of it I often will be watching news reports about an issue that I might be very familiar with and knowing the facts and I see the media inacuratley reporting the facts.

I really hate "most" new and media
I have to agree with that they only show you what they want you to see. As my buddy at lawrence livermore labs says <span style='color:red'>CNN</span> stands for Communist News Network.
laugh.gif

Man there has been alot of bad news lately. Seem even more extreme then normal.

(06BUSA @ Apr. 26 2007,12:28) Man there has been alot of bad news lately. Seem even more extreme then normal.
Extreme  
wink.gif
, how about the 7 year old who put a Ham sandwich in front of some muslim kids at school as a prank. Then, he is not only expelled but is arrested and charged with a HATE  
wow.gif
crime. Talk about extreme. Kids are kids and sure it was a bad joke, but it was a joke. I did alot worst when I was in grammar school. Talk about OVER REACTION at its extreme  
iamwithstupid.gif
. "OH" yea, you can still insult Christian children in school without any worry  
wink.gif
. Bad conduct in either case is wrong, but to over react like this is just DUMB  
rant.gif

wink.gif

Back