C Clip on chain

All depends on how your ride. A master link is fine for a stock bike that is not put through it's aces all the time. Any bike with a increase in torque should have the chain link compressed.
I installed a C clip on my chain because i didnt have a tool to compress the master link that came with the chain. I went to the suzuki dealership to see if they had a tool that i could buy and they didnt. But they gave me a c clip masterlink to put on the chain instead. My question is would you guys trust this? Sorry i dont have any pics i am out of town right now to take any.

All depends on how your ride. A master link is fine for a stock bike that is not put through it's aces all the time. Any bike with a increase in torque should have the chain link compressed.

why?

its the same link. same pins, same side plates.....

the only difference is one has a groove on the end for the clip.

I remember back in the day I had a Honda 50. I didn't know sh$t from shineola and put the clip on backwards:banghead:

I was riding some back roads when the master link shot up throught the side case and left me stranded.
Pretty funny now when I think about it, but it could have been a disaster.

Although a riveted link gives you piece of mind, I too have run C clip master links for many years, including 4 years of roadracing without an issue. One of the things we did to ensure the clip stayed in place was to safety wire it along with the oil drain plug, and the other things you wanted to ensure stayed in place. Only issue I ever heard of was when the clip was installed backwards, or re-used. Hope this helps..............:peace:

My Husky chain comes standard with a C clip masterlink, never had a problem.

But with the Busa, just the peace of mind to have it rivited properly is worth more than a few new chains.

In cycling, no one uses them, they cause problems with gear changing as the derailleur moves the chain from one cog to the next.

I have used one for years and have never had a problem. The clip is not a stress bearing part of the chain. As long as its installed correctly, you wont have any problems. Think about all the high HP drag bikes and other race bikes that use them. I have never heard of anyone having a chain failure because of the clip. Maintain the chain and you wont have any problems.

Totally never had a problem and still run them now and then:beerchug:

Back