Bye Bye Busa...

Not pretty? I think it's an absolute knockout! The Busa had the antiquated styling (my 2006) so I gotta say I disagree.

Well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I would have to say that it is very BMW like...meaning that it looks like they put 12 of their different bikes in a room and played musical chairs with the parts. There is no flow or syncronicity in the design. It looks like the parts were just thrown on there and that they don't even belong on one bike.....or maybe there are parts missing that they removed from the original design in order to save weight?:laugh:

...and don't even get me started on the eye infection headlight design....

That bike is amazing, uncomfortable as all get out for everyday riding but oh if i could be let loose on a track...........

This bike is very high on my list, but I'm a cheap b@stard and can't afford both. I love the look, would love the performance, but am pretty sure it could not be my "daily rider."

It's funny how this bike has gotten so much time on this forum when it has so little in common with the busa. It's a not very pretty, uncomfortable, track weapon. It goes like a bat out of hell and for that I give it huge credit until the next superbike contender takes its crown.

....and yes, I would like to have one in my garage.:laugh:
Not a surprise to me at all. Folks who are attracted to the Busa (and the ZX14) want to own the baddest bike out there. That was the Busa for a long time, hence the Cult of the Hayabusa, but what attracted all of us was the uniqueness of the bike. Same holds for the BMW 1000RR.

FWIW, it took me a longgggg time to warm up to the styling of the Busa. Now I love it, would especially love a copper and gold Gen I, but I used to think it was pretty ugly.

The only BMW dealer in 250 miles...is 5 minutes from my work....I drive by it everyday...it calls my name...I make the sign of the cross and keep going...:laugh:

I rode one a couple years ago when they first arrived and it is on my top 5 to own ( probly top 2 ) I thought it was like a super refined R1 and yes if I could ... there would be one in the garage. :cool:

Folks who are attracted to the Busa (and the ZX14) want to own the baddest bike out there. Same holds for the BMW 1000RR.

I agree with the idea that people want the baddest bike out there and the BMW is certainly the stock superbike king right now but in terms of it being unique I find that a bit of a stretch...I see it as the German version of a GSXR1000 and not really unique at all.:2cents:

Forgive me Father for I have sinned...it's all your fault Andy, I had to stop by the local dealer and there was lust in my heart....and while the Motoraad Scheme is the best, these pics do not do justice as to how gorgeous the blue is...and if you like Ducatis....

IMG_1097.jpg

IMG_1098.jpg

IMG_1099.jpg

Forgive me Father for I have sinned...it's all your fault Andy, I had to stop by the local dealer and there was lust in my heart....and while the Motoraad Scheme is the best, these pics do not do justice as to how gorgeous the blue is...and if you like Ducatis....

Keith, please tell me that is in your garage now!

I think this relative new commer from BMW may be a bit more hype than substance, JMO. None of the track records in the NW is owned by the R1000. One of the top five local riders up here who actually owned the track record for a while gave up his gixxer for the new beamer and never won a race. He could not match his lap times on the Beamer. Why, I have no idea. The engine siezed early on and BMW gave him a new engine fresh from the crate.

I am not aware of any track in the country where this bike owns the track record. If anyone is aware of the Beamer's success, I'd certainly be interested to know?

From what I've seen out of bikes with OEM or aftermarket traction control they seem to have difficulty getting off the corner. However, what I can tell you about the beamer is a good rider can be hard to pass. You can still do it but you can't wait til the bloke is straight up and WOT. You have to set the pass up long before entering the corner and spank him on the exit (If you can't out brake him). Once he is straight up if you can't draft him he will walk you all the way down the straight. Not by much but enough that makes it tough to out brake him.

Knowing what I know, I still would not trade my gixxer for the mighty beamer. I can crash my gixxer on monday and have it track ready by the following weeks end with parts off ebay at a fraction of the cost it would take to refurbish the BMW.

It's skill level that determines your ability to go fast, not whether you are on a BMW, R1, Gixxer1K or a ZX10. All that technology is great for saving a poor bloke from crashing when he grabs a handful of brake but it has little to do with raising level of one's riding. :beerchug:

I've got more self control than that Jay; I looked, but I didn't touch :laugh:....

Diver Man :please:, you are lying like a yellow faced dog! You were suckin air and massaging that luscious blue beast as if it were the babysitter's breasts!

And using both hands too! :thumbsup:

Well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I would have to say that it is very BMW like...meaning that it looks like they put 12 of their different bikes in a room and played musical chairs with the parts. There is no flow or syncronicity in the design. It looks like the parts were just thrown on there and that they don't even belong on one bike.....or maybe there are parts missing that they removed from the original design in order to save weight?:laugh:

...and don't even get me started on the eye infection headlight design....

Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beer holder. I'll simply say, to me anyway, no picture or video has done this bike justice. When it's in person, esp the 2012, it's striking looking. The headlights initially were a turn off for me, but they grew on me. It looks like an angry wasp. I've gotten tons of compliments on it. I always say thanks, but in my mind I wonder why I'm thanking them... I didn't design or build it... I just bought it. :laugh:

Diver Man :please:, you are lying like a yellow faced dog! You were suckin air and massaging that luscious blue beast as if it were the babysitter's breasts!

And using both hands too! :thumbsup:

That's one heck of a visual Tuf...and I plead the 5th :laugh:

Back