Another Busa goes bye bye

Wayneswa

Registered
Here's the story I got yesterday.
A friend of mine bought an 04 LE and I guess he was going to sell it. (Reasons unknown)
Now here's the scam as he described it to me.
He said a guy called him to come look at the bike. He showed up in a brand new Honda Accord or something like that. Asked if he could test drive the bike and gave my friend the keys to his car.
Needless to say he never returned and the car turned out to be a car that was test driven by the would be bike thief. The police verified the car was stolen (or never returned from the test drive) and that they are investigating the bike theft.
I was not good friends with this guy but I have gone on a couple rides with him. Sucks that this happened but I think I would have done things a lot differently.
The bike was stolen from his driveway in League City Texas. So keep yours eyes peeled.
Moral of the story is NEVER sell your Busa.

mad.gif

dang ... I really would only let someone test ride my busa if I had money in hand.

If you wanna test drive it leave the cash in my hand it'll be here waiting....Heck i would even accept a money order the way things are going these days
sad.gif

He didn't get a name or valid ID of any kind before he let the dood drive away?

WOW!

Well ... I'm looking for another bike ...
Let me know if yer friend is "selling" any
more bikes.
wink.gif

pirate.gif
Raider out.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1250"|1111583978 -->

I'm sympathetic to the guy but two HUGE mistakes were made. First mistake was made by the car dealership. A lot of car dealerships, or at least the ones I've dealt with, require a copy of your driver's license before a test drive can commence. Actually I'm referring to test drives without a salesperson. Secondly, and the most obvious, is the guy who let the dude ride the bike. Kinda an iffy situation, but that one may have passed over on even the most cautious person simply because he offered the keys to a vehicle which is supposedly his in exchange for a test drive. I've even heard of a couple instances where the exact same thing happened, but the twist was that a person was hiding in the back seat when the person offered the keys for a test drive. When the "would be" seller gets a little complacent and stops paying attention, the stowaway hops in the driver's seat and peels off. Mind you, the keys given to the seller is a bogus set of keys to begin with. Simply said... "JUST BE REAL CAUTIOUS AND CAREFUL OUT THERE GUYS AND GALS!"

pretty much happened to my buddy that i went into with and bought a bike with to fix and resale.luckily we got it back though.

people try to do be nice and then get taken advantage of. then others wonder why people dont trust others.

Back