Good Bye Yamaha's !

c10

Registered
Its official now . Sold the T max 500 scooter to a close friend to be used at the drag strip as a pit bike , and grocery store errand runner .
The 2012 Super Tenere sold yesterday , but still here as new owner asked me to make all the needed repairs . Son sold it @ pay off of $3800 so guy got a sweet deal .
Super get new Oxford heated grips , Tires , throttle cables , and a left front turn signal . Everything is ordered , and in route .
Soon to be a home of Two Suzuki's only :) I can hardly tell you how nice this will be to not have to tend to so many rollers . Frees up room in the garage , and my nice shed out back . Lawn mower was telling me the Super tenere has bad gas ;)

;)

20200427_173308.jpg

20200427_173322.jpg

20200425_173147.jpg

20200425_135902.jpg

Its official now . Sold the T max 500 scooter to a close friend to be used at the drag strip as a pit bike , and grocery store errand runner .
The 2012 Super Tenere sold yesterday , but still here as new owner asked me to make all the needed repairs . Son sold it @ pay off of $3800 so guy got a sweet deal .
Super get new Oxford heated grips , Tires , throttle cables , and a left front turn signal . Everything is ordered , and in route .
Soon to be a home of Two Suzuki's only :) I can hardly tell you how nice this will be to not have to tend to so many rollers . Frees up room in the garage , and my nice shed out back . Lawn mower was telling me the Super tenere has bad gas ;)
I hear you there....it was a pain in the arse to maintain multiple bikes...I had 5 bikes for a long time which all needed to be fussed over....I think I spent more time doing maintenance than riding sometimes...

Feel the freedom brother....

Thats awesome!

So ill tell you guys a funny story. When I was selling my Corvette I ran into a sweet deal on another one I could not pass up. Of course, broke as a joke, I could not pay for both so I financed the second one really quick and put mine on the market. It took a month to sell the second one and I hated it. I had to keep both of them clean one for myself one for a potential buyer. The battery in one kept dying every 5 days so I had to keep them running. I told myself no way I would do 2 cars again LOL. So now I have two bikes but those arent so bad. I don't know how you guys do it with 4-5 bikes!

How many miles on that thing? You are giving it away!!!!! Kind of want one after seeing yours now LOL

I told myself no way I would do 2 cars again LOL. So now I have two bikes but those arent so bad. I don't know how you guys do it with 4-5 bikes!
It was a pain....at one time I had 6 bikes, 3 of which were Honda dirt bikes and needed their fair share of maintenance as they were always dirty, chains were the biggest pain as I seemed to be always cleaning them.

Two of the other bikes were older ('86 pop up Katana and '85 GSXR) they seemed to be wanting love quite a bit too as I wasn't riding them much...

How many miles on that thing? You are giving it away!!!!! Kind of want one after seeing yours now LOL
$3800 with 36,xxx miles . Most of this age / mileage are in the mid 5 to low 6,xxx range depending on mods / condition . This bike has a OEM top case , and a few small items . I give it a 75 for condition before the repairs / service , and about a 85 when its done . It was a commuter in California its entire life till last year it became a shed queen lol

I thought long and hard about your Tmax. Looks like it went to a happy owner :)

Reactions: c10
ME too Bill ! I have room in my garage , and shed now . Still planning to purchase the New V strom 1000 soon.
My Dealer reached out to me saying they had a 2020 Adventure ( what we want for color black ) the would transfer from another store , and hot set it for me to ride . ( Hot set is make ready to ride ) Its cool knowing people in the industry . Of course the guy is my old room mate I stuck up for in our early 20's , and got him into the motorcycle industry .

Hey how was the fueling on this , was it snatchy ? and did the clutch suffer any judder like the Vstroms and SV 1000s ? From what ive read the Gen 1s were prone to this. The Gen 1 one i rode before lockdown seemed ok to me but it may have had some fixes done already.
It was great but learned today the ecu was flashed as the bike reached 139 mph in 5th and did a small wheelie in tour mode .
These are not possible in stock ecu form .
The flash make tour like oem sport , and sport picks up avg 22hp . This explains why it carried front wheel so well in 2nd gear to 3rd . Also stock is limited to 122 mph indicated or 117 GPS mph . Clutch was a non issue. However ABS is terrible kicking in
On dry roads straight up with heavy pulse in pedal and lever felt . Just like the Yamaha FJR1300.

My all information Tenere buddy's bike a 2013 model.

20200509_203845.jpg

It was great but learned today the ecu was flashed as the bike reached 139 mph in 5th and did a small wheelie in tour mode .
These are not possible in stock ecu form .
The flash make tour like oem sport , and sport picks up avg 22hp . This explains why it carried front wheel so well in 2nd gear to 3rd . Also stock is limited to 122 mph indicated or 117 GPS mph . Clutch was a non issue. However ABS is terrible kicking in
On dry roads straight up with heavy pulse in pedal and lever felt . Just like the Yamaha FJR1300.

My all information Tenere buddy's bike a 2013 model.

View attachment 1618694
Cool all good info thank you :thumbsup:

Back