Bye Bye Busa... Hello... BUSA!

MikesGSX1300RK9

Registered
Well, I won't post pics because the new one looks just like the old one. :-) First real ride will be tomorrow (getting dark around here already...) Gotta get some scuff on these tires...

Back on a new RK9...

Mike

That did not take long at all to find one. Glad you found one that worked out for you so quickly.

Thanks, guys.

MR Felt is absolutely correct... TONS of Busas on the roads in FL, and quite a few '09s still in stealerships. I searched all over for a matching Busa to replace the one I had, but found one within 50 miles or so of home. Price was about in line with everywhere else, although a dealer in NJ had them for under $10K as posted elsewhere. Paid what I felt is was reasonable... which was quite a bit less than I paid for the first bike.

Got home late yesterday afternoon, so just took the first ride on her today--she had ZERO miles on the odometer so not much test riding was done by the dealer, apparently. Dealer wouldn't even scuff the tires (said it isn't legal for them to do so, although the last dealer, also in FL, did an admirable scuff job.) Anyway... she now has 15 miles on the clock. It started raining while I was out... showery stuff today... and I became quite concerned about a 600 pound bike on brand new tires rolling on wet roads. Took it VERY gently on the way back home. :-) Most of you are aware of my luck with new bikes. :laugh:

Thank God for rainproof jackets. :-)

At any rate, we made it home intact, and managed to go out again later when the roads were dry. Looking forward to roughing up the tires a bit. It was so nice out riding again today. Didn't burn any tight turns, but it feels so good to lean this thing into winding turns.

Incidentally, the shop had a lowered '09 Busa, same color as the one I picked up. Looked like some other things were done to the bike, so didn't want to spend the extra $, but I do intend to lower my Busa an inch or so. I'm 5'10", 32" inseam, but even an inch of lowering makes a huge difference in her ground handling behavior.

All smiles today. Not going to let this one go, as long as I have any say in the matter. Stood over a couple liter bikes, a 650, and a 750... the Busa is heavy, but the lighter bikes feel like they'd be very finicky. There's just no substitute for the Busa... it actually feels like it is more forgiving than some of the smaller bikes, and feels substantial enough that I feel secure but still don't forget the beast that lies underneath the fairings...

Mike

Last edited:
Well done, what happened to the old one if you don't mind me asking?

Gloryboys, that bike didn't last a day after the wholesaler picked it up. I understand it was on its way to someone in a different state within a day of when I left it. Hope that person will join this site and speak up. Left the last few digits of the VIN in another post... 032.

Suzuki's QC is pretty good. The new bike is just about exactly like the old one, the more miles I put on it, with the exception that the fairing edge seems to obstruct my line of sight to the turn signals on the new bike. Not sure why that'd be, but whatever...

Mike

Back