Bye, Bye to the Busa? Maybe.... What do you all think?

Deno_n_Philly

Registered
Well,,,
So heres what happened over the weekend. I took my bike to the shop and explained to him what was going on. He told me that the bike by the gauge is not over heating, but it shouldn't be so hot between my legs. When I was there, I saw a cruiser that caught my eye. It was a 2011 Vulcan Nomad 1700, black and grey. Just like this one:

Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Nomad - YouTube[/url]

I had the wife sit on it and she really liked it and said we could do longer rides on it then the Busa. I also felt like maybe it was time to slow down and enjoy life, since the baby turns 1 soon. I also don't ride the Busa, because of the heat problem. Well they offered me 8k for my bike and the Vulcan for 12k. Its new and the payment is $80 per month for 36 months. We are trying to buy a house too, so money is important. These are nice bikes and the wife saw us going distance on this thing.

What does everyone think of the bike and deal? I paid $10,135 out the door in march of '09 for my '08 left over. So 8k is a great trade in amount, in my opinion.

I can't load the pics and videos of the baby for some reason. She turns 1 in 10 days.

IMAG0029[1].jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ultimately we all ride our own rides. if you feel the vulcan is a better match for you, then you should go for it. :D

I guess you have already made up your mind. If priorities dictate then go right ahead. You can always come back !!

The m109r are nice bikes, check out m109riders.com good forum, I had one for little over a year,10,000 miles and no problems.

BadAssbike007.jpg

I am trying to stay Suzuki as much as I can. yea, unfortunately, I don't trust the busa. The whole time to the shop last week, all I did was stare at the heat gauge.. did not enjoy ride at all. My butt and inner thighs were sweating like I just got out of a pool. There is no way that is supposed to happen.

That M109r... does anyone know if the pipes get hot and if a good touring bike with the wife?

The m109r is a fantastic cruiser bike for the driver. However in terms of comfort you are better off with the Vulcan

There's a lot of heat shielding underneath, but I think your heart and mind have spoken. Best of luck. She's a Beauty :thumbsup:

SCB..
That is a good point, but from watchin a video on it,, it looks like the M109R has the more aggressive riding stance, so I don't fell to old and the bags and back seat as a cruiser for the wife. I understand the vulcan is more comfortable. But would you say the M109R is not comfortable for the rear passanger? The wife wants to ride some more.. we are not going to Strugis or anything like that.. but a good tourer would be nice...

Im concerned to hear about the heat problem....can you go into it further so that we an uderstand it? Or si there another thread you created discussing it in length?

I know mines gets a little hot too so thats why Im wondering whats going on here???

Im concerned to hear about the heat problem....can you go into it further so that we an uderstand it? Or si there another thread you created discussing it in length?

I know mines gets a little hot too so thats why Im wondering whats going on here???
You must ride faster than 5mph in order for the bike to properly cool:laugh:

Before you seal the deal, speak with Scott Johnson at Honda East in Toledo. It may be worth the drive to go pick it up.....

I have a very good friend who purchased a 2011 Vulcan, he rides a lot.

First he had an oil leak, went back on warrantee four times to get it fixed. Apparently it had something to do with how a robot distributes the sealer on the cases in the factory, a spot was missed, so they had to spilt the cases, Later the belt drive developed a whine at around 65mph, took it back a few times dealer told him it is normal. I could hear it when riding behind him. He ended up trading it on a Harley Heritage Softail, which he is very happy with.

I must admit when riding around the hood with my flip flops in my swimming trunks, that Busa does feel a bit hot. :laugh: Just joking. :lol:

Wow, I am glad you said something about the vulcan.. The M109R LTD, is $1,000 off and 0%. It just looks more like in between the Busa and a Vulcan Nomad 1700. I am trying to findout if anyone has ridden it with passanger long trips to get the passangers take. Its hard to find though. They have a website, just tough to find.

The heating problem stinks, I owe... $0.... on the Busa too. Its just to uncomfortable to ride. But, I wanna get something i will actually enjoy..

Look at these 2 pics and you tell me which one you like better:

1)
or
2)

DSD_8021.jpg

2011-kawasaki-vulcan-1700-nomad-preview%205.jpg

22222...... exactly .. that bike looks hot and alot I can do with it, where the wife will still enjoy it.. and I can still ride the crap out of it...

Back