buying used (uhhhherrrr not good)

tourbus

Registered
wow what a day, there's 3 of us looking for used bike's. #1-kerstan looking for anything sportbike,#2-dave he's looking for a starter bike,& #3 me a 98-03 zx-9R for a commuter/i dont care how many mile's i put on a bike bike. Just me venting here but OMG!!!! we've been thru hell today, after looking at 9 or so diffrent bikes today i can honestly say we looked @ 9 p.o.s's, the problems ranged from flat lying about the bikes condition to the person not even owning the bike to fishy title problems. I remember shopping for used back in the early and mid 90's and coming up with some good stuff but that must be a thing of the past.

oh yeah one more thing, ebay is a F@#$%^# joke, thats where a majority of the false advertisments came from with craigslist a close 2nd.
offtopic.gif

I am thinking about another 750F or 900F for running around town here... miss my old ones..

I am thinking about another 750F or 900F for running around town here... miss my old ones..
I love my busa but i miss my zx-9's i used to have, had 2-94's,98,and a 2000. so iv been looking for one to add to the collection but everything i find is junk. i hope you have better luck than i have had

plus not knowing how it was treated and maintained. i went with a new 600 for my commuter bike.
thumb_up.gif

craigslist is good for a few laughs! check out the personals section
rofl.gif
 cant believe what people will put on there!
offtopic.gif
whistling.gif

I was looking for a rear seat, they had a pic of a brand new one...
The one i got ,after the dog ate it !

Shopping for any kind of used vehicle is a nightmare. People don't understand the concept of "Excellent Condition".
guns.gif
And if it says...."needs minor work" ....run for the hills !!!!

Tourbus, Im not exactly sure what your looking for, but I recently purchased a GSXR 600 from a friend of mine in Florida. Its a 2006 with 1250 miles on it. Lots of extras. He basically bought it because it looked cool, but was too scared of it to ride it. He is now engaged, and had to sell so I bought it cause I wanted to do some track days with it. Unfortunately, my back is not going to allow me to do that. I may be having surgery on my back soon, so I am going to be selling it pretty quickly once I actually get it to my house. It is being brought up here on April 11th. I will be posting it in the for sale section when its actually in my possession. So, if your still looking for a nice bike by April 11th, check the for sale section here. Good luck with your search! Its really hard finding anything decent now days
sad.gif
People just don't describe things honestly

I love my busa but i miss my zx-9's i used to have, had 2-94's,98,and a 2000. so iv been looking for one to add to the collection but everything i find is junk. i hope you have better luck than i have had
If you run across one that has a bad transmission or worn engine  , I have a complete 2002 9R engine with 3800 miles and all the electrics and carb set off a 2003 donor bike. It was a new old stock bike i found and bought in 2005 then kitted it later to 998cc using a donor engine .

Those 2000-2003's are underated bikes as you know . Don't give up cause they do exist and surface from time to time .

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You ALWAYS find the best used bikes for sale, when your NOT looking, and don't have the money.
very true
its like being single and just out of a relationship ... same deal, good offers show up and you arent ready for them.
laugh.gif

Just make nice with someone at the dealership and ask them to call you when they get something good in, BEFORE they put it up for sale. I've found some gems that way
beerchug.gif

Back