Buying Used?

Howard Morris

Registered
I'll be looking for a used Busa sometime in April.. Would like a 08 or newer, but maybe a first gen.... Any particular reason nothing to go first gen. I have heard of the 2nd gear problems... Anything I should look for......

if you have good credit / funds a new bird can be had for 10 K plus tax title license if you shop around . A nice Gen 2 well taken care of year dependent will be 6 to 8 K for an average . Find a org member who knows the bird well that is willing to look at a used model with you for lunch/beer to spot any issues you may miss

The Gen II is a better bike in all regards. Nothing wrong with the Gen I. Second gear issue, cooling issue, and a dozen more complaints about the Gen I were taken care of with the Gen II.

If your paying cash then buy what you like and try to get the best deal. I would go Gen2 because for some strange reason ALL busas in great condition are priced close. People are still asking $6500 for 06 Gen1's?? Meanwhile you can buy 08-10's for $8k??? Might as well go for a 13 and up cause they have the Brembo Calipers/ABS. If your financing you'll get a lower interest rate on a newer bike so you might as well go brand new or close to it. Plenty of 2-4 year old brand new busas in showroom floors dealers are dying to move.....

image.jpeg
Once again...the Gen 1 is much prettier, and isn't exactly slow.:)

GROMs are nice also-

GEN IIs are stronger and smoother- as Do3 mentioned, most issues with the Gen I were corrected with the Gen II. That said, you may be able to find a Gen I with amazing mods for very cheap if you look- Gen IIs can be had for the 6-8k range- always nice bikes here. As C10 said, if there is an oRg member who knows the bike, they can give you the run down or even go have a look for/with you.

I wouldn't be afraid to buy a Gen I .

Mine has never been back to a dealer and I have just had to do normal maintenance plus some mods of course.
I don't mind the look if my Gen I either.
My Gen I runs so well that I won't upgrade or even think about it until a Gen III comes out - but I'm not holding my breathe,
so for now I'll keep what I got. Besides I like Red.

P1040265A_zps8jhzdqfi.jpg

Grocery shopping.....:rolleyes:

Why would you use a car to get groceries when you have a bike?

Oh I forgot you don't have a suitcase on yours. :D

I don't use it only for groceries - Almost anywhere I go I'd rather not carry my helmet around with me.
So I park it in the suitcase.
I know different strokes for different folks.
And just so you know the suitcase comes off for track riding. :race: But most other times it's on the bike
because I don't like carrying my helmet and jacket etc around were ever I go. They are for when I ride and then they are NOT in the suitcase.

And just for the record it's not always groceries - I visit Home Depot or Lowes etc. and use it to haul tools etc. home too. :laugh:

Back