Buying Used Busa Need Advice

hionbusa

Registered
Hi Folks,

I m a new member here . I've reading posts for a while and finally decided to join. I'm in the market for a used Busa. I ve been riding bikes for a while. I had to sell my cbr900 couple years back to pay for college .

I Borrowed a friend's R1 and it gave me the urge to own a bike again. I'm looking for a used busa preferably with mods.

I know the 99&2000 have no speed limiter .But does that make them that much better then the 01 and +?

Few people have mods on their bike for sell. I wanted to get you guys opinion on what mods were worth the extra $$$> Exhaust , pc, what else?

I m not too hot about the extended rear arm amd working with 8 grands.

Don't get wrapped around the axle on the years......Like cache said, you can get a nice bike for about that price.

Welcome to the forum. Look forward to your pics soon.

for 8g's you should be able to pick up a 2yr old or newer bike in perfect condition.
as long as it doesnt have a ton of add-ons like exhaust, chrome rims, etc it will be reasonable.

like I said, check out whats for sale in the classifieds section here. read them over, then ask ?'s if you got 'em.

if you want a tutorial on how to use the message board, Let me know, I'll give you a link to the little movie...

and as far as the years go, as long as its a couple years old, it already has the upgraded starter, and ecu.

most important to most buyers is condition, maintenance history, and of course COLOR!
wink.gif

and as far as the years go, as long as its a couple years old, it already has the upgraded starter, and ecu.

most important to most buyers is condition, maintenance history, and of course COLOR!  
wink.gif
Thanks cache,
no kidding color is very important ;)

yeah i check the msg board. I m from Cali , so it has to be a Cali bike unfortunetly.

nah not really.. you can ship a bike cross country for about $600 last time I checked...

Don't get wrapped around the axle on the years......Like cache said,  you can get a nice bike for about that price.  

Welcome to the forum.  Look forward to your pics soon.
DD
Thanks for the advice, I see you from diego too.
We ll be able to hook up for a group ride soon here.

I just got the OKAY from the wifey & my business partner. I had to sell them hard on it . They just didn't get it .

oh yeh.. ferdot 'bout that..

i'd say you could pick it up pretty cheap.. hehe people in cali take em' off faster than we here in the civilized (kidding) rest of the world do I think.

I paid $8000 for mine. 03 Black and silver with 4000 miles,
Hindle exhaust, power comander,block off valves tinted windshield and lowering links. Mint shape.

Should be no problem finding one for under $8000
smile.gif

I paid $8500 for mine. 03 Black and silver with 1,600 miles last February. I'm real happy with it. I've added about a $1k in extras. Another $500.00 and it will be done.

I got mine for around $8500 03' Blk Gray ... 7 months ago it only had 610 miles, never ridden in rain, never past 5000rpm, and never past 80mph. good luck 8g's should get u a nice Busa

welcome to the board and if you want used make sure and look at it good I went new because any wear and tear will be mine I know what I've done to it and noone else has just alittle reassuring I think. as far as dif between 99/00 and 01+ 99 and 00 were unresticted 01+ restricted to 186 bumping the limiter. couple of recals on 99 and 00 01 and up have been fixed. Other than that they all run like a bat outta hell good luck with your purchase

Hi - I did just like you, and specifically went looking for a used one. I wanted a 99-00 blue/silver so went shopping for for something really exact- plus I wanted one with lots of mods vs. just a stock one. I posted to all the busa boards 'in search of' and had better luck with the web communities than eBay or Cycle Trader.

I paid $8500 for mine with 12K 2 yrs ago. It was a bit more $$, but I calculated it had at least $2500 in bolt on mods which meant I didn't have to buy them. Stock one at that time with low miles was as low as $6K.

I've since done one or two more bolt on mods.
smile.gif

Hayabusa1.jpg

I paid $8000 for mine. 03 Black and silver with 4000 miles,
Hindle exhaust, power comander,block off valves tinted windshield and lowering links. Mint shape.

Should be no problem finding one for under $8000
smile.gif
sounds like a sweet deal you got there.
Was that a private party or dealer?
Privite party. The guy was going to trade it at a Harley dealership. He sold it to me for what they were going to give him on a trade-in.

I was going to buy new, there is a dealership in Ohio that sells them on Ebay for just under $10,000. Bought this one instead. It had all the mods I wanted, and the brands I wanted.

It took about 3 months to find just the right bike after I sold my Honda CBR 900rr.

Back