Registered
TiMax2 Leather Jacket (black)
Recon pants (black)
TiMax2 gloves (both long and short)
Field Armor boots
Domain Helmet (Rubatone black)

Let me know what you think of my list?

Don

Decided to post a picture of part of the gear.

Don

gear.jpg

I have those gloves!
They are bada**... I need all the help I can get!

Boots look kinda restrictive.
I endorse SIDI or Gaerne.

Talked to Jester, he said those boots are a little stiff at first, but loosen up really well.

Don

hmm...doesn't look too bad. Looks like Icon should be paying you a little royalty for advertising for them.
biggrin.gif

Gloves - I'm diggin the new look of the TiMax gauntlets. How do they feel, though? Are they still stiff and thick like the previous model?

Jacket - Not too bad. Looks like it'll provide adequate protection

Boots - Umm...not too sure about those. It doesn't seem like it will provide much torsion support. If it were me, I'd look for something that gave me a little more ankle protection. But then again, that's just me.
smile.gif

Helmet - Not bad. Haven't rode with an Icon helmet on yet. I'm curious about the weight and the ventilation. I may spring for an Icon helmet soon...perhaps a Manic.

Lookin good altogether....at least you're geared up.
thumbs-up.gif

hmm...doesn't look too bad. Looks like Icon should be paying you a little royalty for advertising for them.
biggrin.gif

Gloves - I'm diggin the new look of the TiMax gauntlets. How do they feel, though? Are they still stiff and thick like the previous model?

Jacket - Not too bad. Looks like it'll provide adequate protection

Boots - Umm...not too sure about those. It doesn't seem like it will provide much torsion support. If it were me, I'd look for something that gave me a little more ankle protection. But then again, that's just me.
smile.gif

Helmet - Not bad. Haven't rode with an Icon helmet on yet. I'm curious about the weight and the ventilation. I may spring for an Icon helmet soon...perhaps a Manic.

Lookin good altogether....at least you're geared up.
thumbs-up.gif
PB,
I haven't ordered this stuff yet, just hoping to get some feedback before I spend the $ on gear. I talked to jester a little while ago on the phone. He said the gloves and boots are both a little stiff at first and that they both break in nicely. The jacket has a removeable vest for all season riding and lots of CE armor.

The bucket I just freakin love, saw one at the stealership yesterday. Fully removable/washable/replaceable inards. When I get all the gear, I will post some actual pictures.

LOL on the ICON royalties, I am also looking at the Icon Recon pants.

Don

ah yes...I forgot about the pants.

The Recon pants seem to have good reviews most everywhere, so I think you'll be alright in 'em. What I would recommend though, is an addition of the Bohn armor pants. Wouldn't hurt to put a little padding between your skin and the jeans.

wink.gif

cmon man bring some color in your gears.. i think the helmet's swell
LOL, not into the color thing for the most part. I like the stealthy unpretentious look. Yes I know some will say the more brightly colored you are the better cages can see you. This just means that I have to be extra extra extra careful and ride defensively.

Don

Pac pointed out all the way...I was up for the leather all around year even summer...until last year,
oneday last year, I was climbing on my bike (I felt little dizzy thinking about all the sweating I'm going to get...) I got off the bike and get on my cager...head out to the stealership for a mesh jacket...ever since, I wear the mesh and I feel whole lot better...
You will be ok until oneday, thinking about can't take it nomore...then jump on the mesh...thats what I did...
biggrin.gif

Absolutely BADASS!! You pimp, you stole my gloves...

WTF, I might go with them anyway, they DO match my bike better...
cool.gif

Pac pointed out all the way...I was up for the leather all around year even summer...until last year,
oneday last year, I was climbing on my bike (I felt little dizzy thinking about all the sweating I'm going to get...) I got off the bike and get on my cager...head out to the stealership for a mesh jacket...ever since, I wear the mesh and I feel whole lot better...
You will be ok until oneday, thinking about can't take it nomore...then jump on the mesh...thats what I did...
biggrin.gif
I live in NW Arkansas. I had my last Busa from June to December of 2004. I had the AGV Hayabusa leather jacket, (you know the one with the hump). I wore that every time I was on the bike without fail. I have a mesh Gericke jacket now that I really like. In 1998 I went down on a GSXR1100 at 130mph. I was wearing full leathers. I used all my 9 lives and probably part of some other peoples' because I walked away with 4 stitches, a broken toe and some bruised ribs. I prefer a leather jacket. The Recon pants have some re-enforcements in them, I am doing a little research on the Bohn pants may very well add those.

Don

I tried one of the Mainframe helmet,was the quietest lid I've ever had on my head.I have those gloves,love em.
smile.gif

The Helmet and Jacket are nice.

The Pants with some bohn gear would be nice.

I think the Boots and Gloves are Junk in my opinion. I endorse Helimot gloves & Sidi boots...I can list several reasons, but don't want to sound like I know it all or preeching a sermon.

Icon makes some nice stuff, but since your looking at non-leather gear...have you compared Icon's stitching to Aerostitch? I'm in to function & forget about the looks when it comes to gear. I look to what will best protect my butt and not what tons of marketing tells me is the best.

Don, what are you looking to spend on gear...so maybe a person could offer up a few different options for your price range.

Best Quality stuff for gear I think is as follows...atleast for the normal consumer price range.

Helmet - Shoei, Arai, AGV, Sumoy, Shark

Boots - Daytona, Sidi, Gaerne

Gloves - Helimot, Spidi

Jackets & Pants for non leather - Aerostitch

Valium,
With all the things I have listed I am at a little less than $1k plus shipping. Yes, all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am a little different from you tho Valium, I would like to find a balance between asthetics and function.

Don

Don,

for 1 K you can get a lot of nice gear...with looksand function...And yah I like to look pretty while I ride also, but I don't like pain much anymore so sometime Im not taking 1st place in any beauty contests...lol

Valium, I have started researching the brands that you recommended. Will let you know. I am in the same boat as you good gotta keep what I have.
tounge.gif

Don

ok, from what I see you listed...this is what I've come up with to keep you Beautiful and safe...lol

Icon boot Price $130.00 / Sidi Stada boot (full protection and no freaky clor) $200.00

Icon long glove $150 + Short glove $125.00 / Helimot Buffalo 365 glove $170, or H-20 for hot weather $200.00

Recon Pant $80.00 / Aerostich Darien Motorcycle Pants $287.00 (Wont get much better unless you go full leather)

TiMax2 Leather Jacket $600 (Nice Jacket..but wow...spendy) / Many options here, cut cut some costs with Alpinestars, Joe Rocket, etc... I love the Icon Jacket as far as looks, but there again, how does it fit. I like Vanson, but for me they just don't fit right, and same with Joe Rocket for me.

Icon Domain Helmet $350.00 / Again many options...HJC rates very well but not the lightest out there, but very affordable and good quality....Biggest thing is fit...try the thing on..Have you tried the Icon on? Looks like a nice helmet, but havent seen many long term user reviews on them.

Anyhow, just a little food for thought. I only took examples of stuff I've used or am using. Also, as far as pricing I just did general search and prices on the Icon gear and other gear can be had at better deals Im sure.

Back