buy now or in jan 05?

Bike price:  

Hate to say it but if that is the color you are set on, he has you already and he knows that.  That is why you aren't getting a better price.    

Fees:  

Also, if you are buying out of state, there should be NO ADDITIONAL FEES....PERIOD!  You should be paying for the bike only!  Which at this time of year.....$9596 isn't that great.  You should be around $9300 or less, I bought mine from Canada and only paid $9,016.

Tax:  

One other thing, OTD(Out The Door)....means if you were paying tax, title, license in THAT state(purchase dealer).  If you are doing all of this in another state(not same as purchase dealer) than where you live, YOU DON'T PAY THAT!  He just signs it over as out of state sale and you go on your way.

You will HAVE to pay this when you go down to your local DMV so.......you will be paying that TWICE if you don't pay attention on the sale.

Unassembled:

As for your last statement, NO DEALER can LEGALLY sell you a unserviced/inspected bike still in the crate.  You can find dealers that will do this but legally they can't/won't and they can be asses about it if they want to get you for prep fees.  THE DEALER IN OHIO will drop ship it TO YOUR DOOR.  So this sounds like your best bet for what you want to do if you still want it in the crate.

That way you don't have to arrange to pick it up from out of state, only from your local indoc delivery place.

Gear prices:  The dealer won't match the internet price.  That is where he planes to make money and usually his cost is barely less than what the internet shops sell it for.  This isn't always the case but on a lot of stuff it is.  

For the best deal on everything, I would buy the bikes by themselves and then deal on your helmet/jacket/gloves, etc. elsewhere.  That is the best/cheapest way to go....unless you are financing them in the price of the bike which is bad news!

Shoot me an email at home if you have any more questions and I will give you my # and talk you through it better.  It is hard to explain some of this stuff online sometimes.  

Also,  I can pretty much assure you he isn't the only dealer with a Blk/Prple 04 left over, you will see many more later, it's just that it's the middle of winter right now and most of those bikes are in the back of the warehouse out of site.  Once the dirt bikes/atv's/snowmobiles sell over winter, you will see a lot more pop up.  You just need to BE PATIENT.....when all else fails, there is always a better deal.....ALWAYS!

Josh
blues.gif

joshua(dot)barton@sbcglobal(dot)net(put something in the title ref H.org)

<!--EDIT|Got-Busa?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1103237397 -->

thanks josh. i just let the guy in chicago know that im holding off for a while. i hope you're right those blk/purps show up later... thanks for the tip on the accessories, i won't try to pricematch with the guy. ill just get it from the website. the only issue is i need to try it on first. have to find a dealership with the goods. and no im not financing the gear, just the bikes.

what dealership in ohio are you talking about. i should give him a call and see what he has. trying to find a trailer to rent is turning into a nightmare. it would be great if i could get two bikes shipped to my door. and do you mean litterally shipped to my house door, or i have to pick it up at a dealership or warehouse? if its to my home thats great, how much does that usually run? if not, i will still need a trailer and deal with getting it out of the crate where ever i pick it up, because i don't want to run the thing until i can properly break it in , and if im going to do that this winter its gonna be on the dyno, if not, then they won't be started until next spring. this all sounds like a pita, but its what i want to do.

thanks again for your comments.

One of the dealers is Honda/Suzuki EAST at 1230 Conant St. Maumee(close to Toledo), Ohio 43537 PRIMARY (419) 891-1230 TOLL-FREE (877) 437-1631 FAX (419) 891-1218

They are offering 2005 Busa's for $9,400 right now and will ship it to you.  Give them a call and see if they have any left over 2004's!

They ship all over and just ask them what you have in mind and see what they can work out for you.

Good luck and let us know how it works out for you.

Josh

I agree with what was said above--to buy the accesories from someone other than the dealer. You will come out ahead. The previous comment on being patient is right on. Time is on your side for now. There are going to be very few bikes sold over the winter. Let the dealer come down to your price for now. You still have another months or 2 before you have to do anything.

i got my 05 black/silver 9500.00 + tax,i also like the 04 more,
(more black, amber lenses)but the best deal i could find on a 04 was 9386.00 + tax
 now i have some questions,is the 04 (or any other year) black the same as the 05,i want to make my bike all black,
and would like to use oem parts, front fender first,that would look good right away (cheapest 2) then look for a deal on fairing and tank,any help would be app

chevelle,

The 04/05 Black should be the same color but I would look for some used plastics(any color) and then have them painted. That way you can keep your stock set complete or sell them complete if you want to recoupe your money.

As for your 05 clear blinkers, several people on here want the 05 blinkers. If you can find someone that wants to swap you clear for amber, both people will come out ahead without having to spend any money.

You could try that with the fairings but I don't see many people parting with the ALL BLACK!
biggrin.gif

well,heres the thing my new bike has a scratch on the fairing,the dealer has allready ordered the replacement,said it shouldnt be a problem to swap the replacement, for a black one, but i dont (he dosent know either)if there is a match among other years i was hoping the 02le was a match but according to one of the other board members it is not 04 may be last hope...desperate for imfo

my biggest fear is that it won't be there when i get back, thats why i want to lock it in asap before i leave.
It's quite possibe you've already lost...

If you're not willing to turn and walk away if your price is not met, you're not dealing from a position of strength. Supposing your salesman is a good reader of people, he knows that (i) the color scheme is the one you want, and (ii) you're afraid to lose the bike to someone else.

Also bear in mind - your possible 'new' bike is already a year old and there's a bit of depreciation duct taped to it. Many dealers were rolling out '04s during the peak of the season for $9700 or less.

If you must jump on this particular bike, $9000 OTD would be a fair price. Any more and they'd better give you a cigarette...

YMMV

Steve

Good luck Liquidous. I've PM'd you the info for your search in the past, so it's up to you to call and see if they still have it. I've already been through this a few times before when you were looking and verified they had one.

Tom Stark is the salesman, and you have my name as a reference. Ball is in your court.

Good Luck
cool.gif

well,heres the thing my new bike has a scratch on the fairing,the dealer has allready ordered the replacement,said it shouldnt be a problem to swap the replacement, for a black one, but i dont (he dosent know either)if there is a match among other years i was hoping the 02le was a match but according to one of the other board members it is not 04 may be last hope...desperate for imfo
chevelle,

Your best bet is to just have the fairing replaced with your 05 OEM color and then keep all your other parts as a complete set.  

Then start your hunt for spare fairing parts and when you get a complete set, get them all painted to match the color you want at the same time.

This will be a lot cheaper in the long run.  Plus, if you decide you don't like the new color, you can always go back to your stock OEM colors.

<!--EDIT|Got-Busa?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1103595461 -->

If you like the Icon accessories and don't want to pay full price let me know. Beats paying premium at the dealer.

So have you decided yet?
rock.gif
i assume this is addressed to me.

I have decided, but as i am on vacation at this very second i have yet to actually make the buy. i guess when i return home, i have a few dealers to call and figure out prices.
i have about 50 dealers responded to me by email. ive been working with a few of them on pricing, and they are still a little bit away from what i want to pay. if i can get 95's out the door at 9400 which one dealer wanted to give me, i HAVE to be able to get an 04 otd for at least 9200.00 one guy laughed at me practically. i told him not to laugh to hard because i wanted to throw two bikes on the american express by end of his day, and he didn't take it ...

i told him about the 9400 2005 deal, and he has not responded yet.

Liquidous,

Let us know how things go with your purchase, and don't let them mess you around.

If he laughed at you, I would have told him "you are waisting my time and have fun paying tax on it when 05 comes around." Just make sure you ride up to his shop with your new Busa when you get it. That really pisses them off good when they know you got a better deal!
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Also, have you checked CANADA? You can get an even better deal from Canada. I bought mine OTD for $9,016 in the middle of the summer(season prime) but you will have to pay your local tax. You will also need to swap over the Speedometer Gauge face to MPH but otherwise, it's the same as a US bike. Since you are in MI, it shouldn't be to hard for you to get a Canadian bike. They also have a couple different color schemes than the US. Do you like the Black/Blue?
rock.gif
That was available in Canada for 05!
wink.gif

Let us know!

Josh
cool.gif

Liquidous,

Let us know how things go with your purchase, and don't let them mess you around.  

If he laughed at you, I would have told him "you are waisting my time and have fun paying tax on it when 05 comes around."  Just make sure you ride up to his shop with your new Busa when you get it.  That really pisses them off good when they know you got a better deal!  
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Also, have you checked CANADA?  You can get an even better deal from Canada.  I bought mine OTD for $9,016 in the middle of the summer(season prime) but you will have to pay your local tax.  You will also need to swap over the Speedometer Gauge face to MPH but otherwise, it's the same as a US bike.  Since you are in MI, it shouldn't be to hard for you to get a Canadian bike.  They also have a couple different color schemes than the US.  Do you like the Black/Blue?
rock.gif
 That was available in Canada for 05!  
wink.gif

Let us know!

Josh
cool.gif
Thanks Josh for your recommendations.
i heard you on that "ride up to his shop" thing.. hehe.. im not really all about that, getting up in the guys face about it. its just business, and some win and some loose.

i will find a bike hopefully soon - i definitely will check out canada, since windsor is so close.... i still prefer 04 model, not a fan of the 05's and the sticker scheme, and those sharp arrow shapes back pointing to the rider. it looks fast, but i like the circular shapes of the 04
smile.gif

anyway. thanks EVERYONE for your comments, ive taken them all into account.

Back