buy now or in jan 05?

Liquidous

Registered
wondering if i should buy a 04 busa now while i have one located, or wait until jan 05. dealership asked me if i was interested in it before jan 1st.. what is behind that question?

thanks

wondering if i should buy a 04 busa now while i have one located, or wait until jan 05. dealership asked me if i was interested in it before jan 1st.. what is behind that question?

also if im being offered 9300.00 for a new 04 should i try to get lower? their website says 8999.00 on an ad, and then another place it says 9200.00 what gives?

thanks

<!--EDIT|Liquidous
Reason for Edit: None given...|1103054712 -->

If there own advertising is lower than they are playing the "I gotta have it now" card with you and trying to squeez some more profit out of the sale. Nothing wrong with that but you just need to make a couple of points clear to them.
- The riding season is over
- this is an 04' model with 05's already hitting the showrooms, maybe even theirs
- they have advertised lower prices
The Jan 1st Q probably means their fiscal year is t he same as the calendar year and they want to post the biggest #'s they can for profit and bonus reasons!
smile.gif

Tell them you are a fence sitter on the idea of a new expensive bike. If you are going to be convinced during a season where you are not likely to even ride the thing due to weather, they will have to make the price talk you off of the fence.
wink.gif

true true... besides i told him im gonna need all accessories , helmets, and glovets, and jackets. so im really buying everything from him... get this - i have a relative in on this conversation and he's already made a decision he wants a another bike (suzuki VL800) and he's gonna need new helmet and gloves and accessories which means this dealership is really about to make out.

advice please
smile.gif

dealership quoted me 9596.00 out the door on a new busa 04.. his add on webpage said it was 8999.00 when i told him that, he said they tack on another 596.00 for crate fee and setup/documentation fee they have to pay the manufacturer to bring to their shop... ive heard from people that those fees are bull-shi.t??

those helmets with hayabusa logo on them are hella expensive too. 499.00 , hayabusa jacket quoted 326.00
are these decent prices?

the funny thing is i told him im interested in a nother bike at same time, he would make out for sure, , VL800 for the old man, and he gave me price of 5966.00 otd...he needs all new accessories as well.

any advice ?

if ya cant ride now and arent gonna save at leat 1g on the 04 wait and get the 05 i got my busa helmet off of ebay for half that 499 find a ebay sell with shoe helmets and email him what ya want good luck on all buys!the 05 le is gonna be bad ass looking hmmmmmm

Dont get it know cause you have to worry about storing it. Also you have to pay insurance on it when youre not riding it. Unless your on e of those pscyo polar riders. Also man get a solid colored helment and throw a decal on it Just cause it says hayabusa on the helment doesnt mean its the fastest production helment ever made get a jacket and helment from somewhere else cause the stealership will rape the hell out of you. I should know my buns are still sore
blush.gif

Just cause it says hayabusa on the helment doesnt mean its the fastest production helment ever made [/QUOTE]

ROTFL.... Good Point... Besides too much Kanji-Itis out there allready. Folks are rolling round looking like fuggin billboards...
smile.gif

I think there is two ways of looking at buying a bike in the winter time. One school says it's a great time to buy because dealers are hungry to move ANYTHING. But the flip side is that later on come spring you might actually have a better selection to choose from, you will actually be able to ride, and if you find an 04 it'll be priced better... Maybe.

Personally I'd say Buy Winger40's Busa and have it shipped. Then Get Pop's a new bike... Win win and you get a near new Busa for not a lot of money.

Oh just FYI, when I bought my 02SE, it was April of 03. It was new in the crate... So leftovers are a way of life and if you want a particular bike you just have to hunt a little.

$9300 is a great price if there is no set up and destination charges added on. Most of the advertisements you see on the net is without set up and destination charges, so you have to take those with a grain of salt. Like painless says, their cost is over $9K so you can't expect them to sell without making a couple hundred bucks. Just doesn't make good business sense. The dealer makes very little money on the sale of bikes, it's the accessories and parts that make the big bucks. If you can buy an 04 for $9300, I'd give that serious consideration?

Hey rev how may busas do u have?

Don't buy any accs at the dealership unless you are interested in just giving away money. Many places online that have great deals including ebay. Check the site below. I have ordered from them several times with great results and the prices are far cheaper. I would wait at that price, offer to split the crate/set-up fee and don't worry about changing your mind on the accs until that deal is solid.
smile.gif

https://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/customer/home.php

Just cause it says hayabusa on the helment doesnt mean its the fastest production helment ever made

ROTFL....  Good Point...  Besides too much Kanji-Itis out there allready.  Folks are rolling round looking like fuggin billboards...
smile.gif

I think there is two ways of looking at buying a bike in the winter time. One school says it's a great time to buy because dealers are hungry to move ANYTHING.  But the flip side is that later on come spring you might actually have a better selection to choose from, you will actually be able to ride, and if you find an 04 it'll be priced better... Maybe.

Personally I'd say Buy Winger40's Busa and have it shipped.  Then Get Pop's a new bike...  Win win and you get a near new Busa for not a lot of money.

Oh just FYI, when I bought my 02SE, it was April of 03.  It was new in the crate...  So leftovers are a way of life and if you want a particular bike you just have to hunt a little.[/QUOTE]
good points. however im into the blk/purple 04 scheme. ive been searching for 4 months all over the country and was not able to find any of these, all of a sudden i foudn two dealers one in chicago, and newjersy, one guy has one left, the other has 3. im thinking if i want this color so bad, i better bite the bullet and get it while they're found.

i plan on trailering the bikes back unprepped/unstarted to leave in garage for winter.

was hoping to get the dealers hopes up by telling him i was in for 2 bikes and a bunch of accessories. was hoping this would give me more ability to negotiate him down. im given 9559.00 otd for the busa, and 5999.00 otd for a VL800. he's giving me a few bucks off helmet and jacket stuff. yet on www.oneidasuzuki.com, the jacket is a little over 100 bucks off, as is the same suzuki busa logo helmet just at 100 bucks off dealership price... im going to approach him on that and see if he'll give me the helmet and jacket at those prices, as well as the gel seat 87$ vs 134.00.... he says there is big discount on accessories but he aint shown me non yet.

what do i gotta do to get this guy to cut me a deal.
i still have to return home to MI to pay tax and plate on the bike. at the same time i don't want to offend the guy and give him low ball.. what do you guys think. should i give him offer on both bikes and the accessories take it or leave it, he might call my bluff. lol

as for insurance - of course i need to cover it with storage/theft during storage, but full in riding season.

It all depends on how bad you want the 04 Blk/Purple!

I would tell him $9200 OTD for the BUSA and get your acc. from someone else.

You won't be paying him any tax, title, etc. fees because you will do that when you get back to MI.

Also, the setup fee is crap for anyone saying to pay that on a Hayabusa. All they do is fill it with oil/gas, install mirrors, and windshield. They will do a few other checks like chain, other fluids, etc. but it isn't worth more than about $20 if that.

But the bad thing about buying the 04 for $9200 is you can get an 05 for the same price. Shop around and you will have a one year newer bike. Just think as soon as you get it home, it's a 2-year old bike so re-sale will be a bit less on the 04.

IMO, the 2005 Red/Black looks TITS!
wink.gif

Only thing about not getting it now is that someone else may come along and buy it...this would then make you buy an 05 and they have the upper hand on the price on those...When they say an out the door price make sure they are including everything...tax, title and license....they always through those in at the end....You should be able to get out the door for $9400-9500 with an 04 right now...if you think it will be there in 05 then wait....

That is more months that you won't have to pay for the bike (if financing or using a loan)...if paying cash that is a few more months you can collect interest in a CD or savings acct....the big question is will the bike be there....When I purchased my bike I actually wasn't ready...the 05 were on the way and I REALLY wanted the blue/silver....I knew they wouldn't be getting anymore in so I waited a day, went back got too good of a price and had to jump on it...

Try getting them to throw the jacket in with the deal if you get it for a price you weren't happy with, or try and get an extended warranty for free....it is actually fun to get the most you can but you need patience for that and I am very short on that....

One time I bought a 250 Ninja for $2999 out the door brand new, I also had them throw in a 3 year warranty and a helmet credit of $150...this may not sound like much, but with no dealing that would have come to $3800...not bad, saving about 25% there....

Oh, the above 250 was for my wife...I always joke and tell her there is no way I'll ride that bike again....just the one time from the dealer to the house for her surprise....But it actually isn't that bad of a bike just seem embarrassed writing about it when I have the baddest bike in the world....

Only thing about not getting it now is that someone else may come along and buy it...this would then make you buy an 05 and they have the upper hand on the price on those...When they say an out the door price make sure they are including everything...tax, title and license....they always through those in at the end....You should be able to get out the door for $9400-9500 with an 04 right now...if you think it will be there in 05 then wait....

That is more months that you won't have to pay for the bike (if financing or using a loan)...if paying cash that is a few more months you can collect interest in a CD or savings acct....the big question is will the bike be there....When I purchased my bike I actually wasn't ready...the 05 were on the way and I REALLY wanted the blue/silver....I knew they wouldn't be getting anymore in so I waited a day, went back got too good of a price and had to jump on it...

Try getting them to throw the jacket in with the deal if you get it for a price you weren't happy with, or try and get an extended warranty for free....it is actually fun to get the most you can but you need patience for that and I am very short on that....

One time I bought a 250 Ninja for $2999 out the door brand new, I also had them throw in a 3 year warranty and a helmet credit of $150...this may not sound like much, but with no dealing that would have come to $3800...not bad, saving about 25% there....
this is the best reply all day. i am totally relating to this post.

my biggest fear is that it won't be there when i get back, thats why i want to lock it in asap before i leave. i also want to get the best deal i can.. however im also feeling like if i piss this guy off too much by asking for too much off on 2 bikes and all these accessories he's gonna give me a shitty bike , etc... i guess if i was totally unsatisfied when i went there to take them home, i could always just cancel the entire deal and start all over again... but oh well.

05's are cool, but im not a fan of any of the colors / stickers / and style theme.. i like the 04's better. so im stuck on the blk and purple... .. they told me 2 times already 9596.00 OTD .. first he gave me 9800.00 then called me back 2 days later , very agressive, calling me almost every day. telling me he has a discount for me trying to get rid of the bike... finally told me 9596.00 otd.. thing is, if i get back to michigan and pay tax on everything its gonna be 10,000 even anyway. their add says 8999.00, and he wants almost 600 in "fees" transfer, documention etc... i have not confronted him on it yet... i understand he needs to make a buck or 2 on the sale, but come on, first time i called, i told him i wanted one bike, then i called him telilng him good news for him is if i decide to buy it with him, im not getting one, but 2 bikes... so he'll make out.. hoping this would give me a better chance for a better deal.

like you said, i am fearing i won't be able to find an 04 in this color when i get back, these are selling like hot cakes. ive called many dealers all over the country for many months, then all of a sudden these 2 dealers have a few on hand. so im thinking i better jump..

he told me the helmet and jacket were hayabusa apparel/logo so not much he can do on the price, yet oneidasuzuki.com are giving those very items away at 101.00 cheaper on both items... + he only gave me a few bucks off...

is it proper to ask this dealership to match that websites price?

arg.

i still need a trailer to tow these back to michigan. i want to buy them totally unprepped and unstarted. i want them both on the dyno to break in - moto method.

i sound rushed because im leaving on vacation saturday morning for a week, and i fear it won't be around when i get back. so i wanted to cut the deal over the phone and have the guy hold the bikes for me until i get back and can get a trailer and drive them back..

sad.gif

Back