Busy day today....

CAT3

Donating Member
Registered
....Well, today its finally going to be warming up outside. My Busa is going to get her wet sanding and polishing on, yeassss. After thats done, install windscreen, and place decals followed by pics of her.
...Green Lanterns stable mate is going to get the rest of her panels painted (Aubrey's GSXR600); just installed the new Yosh RS-3 full exhaust last night, sounds sweet on that lil 600. I'll be coating his rearsets (rear for sure, maybe the riders too), fender eliminator, and some other parts in Gloss black as well.
...Da Kid brought over his R6' wheels last w/e and some rearset/misc parts for powder coating, we shot them in Gold last night, he's scuffing them up for clear coat today. As soon as the wheels are done, I have to post some pics, but I will say for now, they look awesome. We taped off the centers, and coated the outers and lips in gold, against the black centers....WOW. They came out of the oven last night and I was pretty impressed the technique worked. So, clear coating the entire wheel today and pics will be posted. On his blue R6, the gold looks like a custom, yet, looks like it belongs there as well.
...And finally, we have some HH pads to install on Double Downs GSXR1000 (Johns rolled/tumbled his bike once and low sided once, hence his name
smile.gif
).
...I have to find some Red powder (Heavybusa help me out here) to match an 06' Honda CBR1000RR red. My wingman Jugger (Nick) wants to do his wheels as well. So, if I can find the matching red, I have some other powders to order up as well, like more Gold for another board member here ;), some chrome powder, and even some glow in the dark (yep, one of the guys wants to try it out on some small parts). Man, this is fun.

It is always nice to find a romantic spot to spend quality time with your loved one... ENJOY!
beerchug.gif

That looks good !!! I've been thinking of doing something with my wheels but don't know what yet .

Wheels are done.... I complained to Dan about the prep job he did, but being like me, he said F it, its a street bike meant to ride hard and put away dirty (well I dont like the dirty part, but oh well). The tape job split last night, leaving some gold on the black center section, he half-assed the removal of it, and then did the same with the scuff job on the entire wheel prepping for the clear coat. Personally, I wouldn't have done it like that, but he wanted them done today so he can get his bike back on the road. So I complied with the owners wish and voiced my opinion. Its really not that bad, most ppl wont notice, but "the eye" can see it, so to me its just not right.
...I have the GSXR600's fender eliminator in the oven now, with Da Kids sprocket, all in High Gloss Black. Next batch is the 600's passenger rearsets, I shot them in matte black a few months ago, but Aubrey wanted them in Gloss, so they will baking in a little while, and so will Kid's valvestems for his two-tone wheels. He picked up a set of the 45* bolt-ins like I used on my Busa, so like mine, we're coating them Gloss Black. Pics will be a coming soon.
...Green Lantern is being wet sanded and buffed as I type, looking much better I must admit.

(BusaWhipped @ Jan. 27 2007,20:09) Ya gotta get the Green Lantern together. I can't wait to see it.
She is together, scroll down a little. I haven't placed the Kanji decals or the tank emblems, but I will once the polishing is finished. Its difficult to get pics of the decals with the light reflection in them
smile.gif

Back