Powder coating opinions for my 1000

Tiller

Registered
I have always LOVED the blue/white gsxr's with the blue rims.

Well I am considering the idea of having my red/black gsxr wheels powder coated red but have some questions as I don't know much about powder coating.

How durable is it? Does it hold up well to tire changes and normal wear and tear?

What do you guy's think about red wheels on my gsxr??? Yay nor Nay?? Can anyone photoshop me an example?

IMAG0170.jpg

Definitely Red ... :thumbsup:

And get with Rooster Rider 007... He is by far the best photoshopping guy we have around here....:laugh:

I did find this picture of a 600 with red wheels. I think it would look great. I need more opinions tho :thumbsup:

gsxr.jpg

Don't do it! Too much red! How about red rim stripes???

As far as durability, they'll be just as durable as the stock color, if not a little more.

But I like the red... Not everyone loves everything black :poke: :laugh:

Its not that I like the black so much, I want Gold rims for mine.. I also LOVE the Gixxers with white wheels.. I just can't see white on yours.. But red is a little overpowering of a color is all..

Just re-paint it and get your Father-in-Law all jealous! :drool:

BikePics.com

Nice upgrade Jay!:thumbsup: You just made GixxerHP happy too!:laugh: so how much better then stock? On both of my rides it was one of my best mods paired with ss lines and ebc extreme pads. No more fade! A lot more power and control. You will be able to brake later and harder because you will have consistant braking and be able to count on it time and time again!

Back