Powder coating opinions for my 1000

Nice upgrade Jay!:thumbsup: You just made GixxerHP happy too!:laugh: so how much better then stock? On both of my rides it was one of my best mods paired with ss lines and ebc extreme pads. No more fade! A lot more power and control. You will be able to brake later and harder because you will have consistant braking and be able to count on it time and time again!

So far it is AWESOME! I haven't ridden it yet but just the feel is amazing. I have your exact same setup now (MC, SS lines, and EBC extreme pro pads) The main thing I can tell so far is that it feels stronger and when the lever MC actually engages the lever STOPS... it doesn't keep pulling like the crappy stock one. We have a track day in 2 week so I will really test it then :thumbsup:

You could mix it up a bit like Shawn and Omar did. The rims and spokes are different colors, so there's not too much of either one. :thumbsup:

Violet

violet.jpg

Bessie

bessie.jpg

violet.jpg

bessie.jpg

You got some cash jingling in your pocket or something? That powder coating might be better spent on instruction Jay!

You got some cash jingling in your pocket or something? That powder coating might be better spent on instruction Jay!

Or for something shiny for that beautiful wife of yours that lets you go to all these track days and such.. :whistle:

:rofl:

I am doing more track time, but I am allowed to make aesthetic improvements as well if I so desire :moon:

I believe you have some fancy smancy bling on your Busa (also your harley) to improve aesthetics. Perhaps that money should have been spent on more instruction Keith :moon: :poke:

Now you did it!! That Mustang needs rims worse than your track bike!! :rofl:

Like this??

148206d1328087889-ideas-sterling-gray-2012-2011-sterling-grey-5.0-mustang.jpg

Nope, don't like the red powder coat....too much red, looks cheap. Next we can get you some stick on vents like on a Buick!

We did my wife bike a few years ago and she rides all the time.the look new as the day we got them

KOLA.jpg

DANG!!! The more I look at the pictures of the wheel tape the better that looks..... DANG YOU BOTS!!!!! :laugh:

I am doing more track time, but I am allowed to make aesthetic improvements as well if I so desire :moon:

I believe you have some fancy smancy bling on your Busa (also your harley) to improve aesthetics. Perhaps that money should have been spent on more instruction Keith :moon: :poke:

My opportunities for instruction have less to do with finances than with time and trying to stay married! :moon: That extra paint on those wheels is only gonna slow you down so I shouldn't comment :)

And, I guess you are living the TEAM GIXXER MOTTO: If you can't be fast :moon:you gotta look good:thumbsup:

So far it is AWESOME! I haven't ridden it yet but just the feel is amazing. I have your exact same setup now (MC, SS lines, and EBC extreme pro pads) The main thing I can tell so far is that it feels stronger and when the lever MC actually engages the lever STOPS... it doesn't keep pulling like the crappy stock one. We have a track day in 2 week so I will really test it then :thumbsup:

Go out and play with the lever adjustment. I found that, I like the lever from the bar on both my bikes to be 2.25" from the bar to the inner curve of the handle where the pointer finger goes. (closest part of the lever to the bar) If I pull back on the lever until it firms up to be about 1.5-1.75". I hope this helps.... The further you have the lever out the more power you have available. That is a tried and true combo, I got both on the Busa and the Gixxer. The Gixxer feels better then the Busa, due to the weight and rotor being the only difference.

attachment.php?attachmentid=345726&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1280532134.jpg

How about a set of these if you want THAT BLING BLING !! For that TEAM GIXXER MOTO!:whistle: Got to look good right!:laugh:

Back