Busa Won't Go Pass 8 Grand???

NDVBUSA

Registered
I have a 07 busa that after a 15-20 minute ride she won't go past 8 grand. I found that the stator wires where melted. So I replaced both stator, and regulator/Rectifier. Now she is doing it again but the stator and regulator/rectifier are fine. Charging is good and voltage is good.
Any Ideas where to look next?????

image.jpeg

My gen 2 was doing the same thing as yours about a month ago, it was a weak fuel pump. I replaced mine with a new oem assy. It pulls to redline now, no problems. It also ran great at low rpms until WOT wouldn't go past 7500 or 8000 rpms. Take the pump out and check for clogged filter or rust in your tank. I also checked my charging system it was good, no rust in the tank either. You can have the fuel pressure checked if you want but after a lot of reseach I just went on and bought a new pump my problem solved.

We had the same problem on another bike, it was the fuel pump.
Either the pump is weak or the pre filter or post filter is getting clogged.

We took the tank off and performed this test below....
put a 3/8 hose on the pump outlet make sure it's tight when it goes on or with a hose clamp.
Make sure the hose has enough length to circulate back into the tank where u fill it up at, we had a 3' hose.
We got a car 12 volt battery and connected the positive & negative on the pump and let it start pumping.
We watched the flow rate, at the beginning it didn't pump worth a dam, like a stream the size of the lead in a pencil out a 3/8 hose.
We took the entire pump apart & the pre filter was caca, we replaced it with a car one , we made it work & then cleaned the post filter as it was dirty also.
Put it all back together, hooked everything back up like on our first test.
The fuel came out full flow out the 3/8 line, now the size of a pencil. Yes we're good.....
Then one minute later back to a the same stream as before. Pump is no good..
Now we just ordered a new pump for it, waiting for it to come in.
$330 for a new fuel pump assembly online sux, but it was the cheapest anywhere and the dealership here price matched it.

Last edited:
Bypass filter mod just to install an inline filter after the pump? The motor makes 194hp on a stock pump why would you alter it?

Have you priced out a new filter? The filter mod will set you back about $20, and you can find a new filter at any auto parts store.

Curious where the post pump filter is on a gem 2?
Filter is attached to pump inside the tank. It can be taken apart and replaced with new filter, but if I remember correctly, is a $300 dollar filter. Like mentioned above, after you price one, you see why people do the mod.

Back