stator is ground

turbor1

Registered
after finally solving my starting problem, ive been chasing a new one... on my bike i have a brand new upgraded stator and rectifier from ricks motorsport electrics. when i put it on last month i checked the voltage at the battery, 14.4volts while idling perfect... now i can barely get 12.8 volts.... my motor was taken apart for a big bore and 08 crank upgrade (i have a 03 busa) and my builder reused the old stator gasket. i checked and i have 0.6 ohms on the 200 scale on my multimeter between one of the yellow wires coming out of the stator and the motor case....witch means the stator is ground. Now my question is, did this damage the stator, if i put a new gasket can i reuse my stator? i did the ohm test between the 3 yellow wires, perfect. did the no load test on it at 5000rpm, i have 70volts, again perfect, tested the voltage regulator's diodes, again all perfect. I hope i didnt damage the stator? thanks guys for the input!

Last edited:
nevermind, i took the stator out of the bike and the windings are ground to the center of the core....put a new stator in it ( i had one for a customer) and presto got 14.40 volt at 2500rpms! problem solved... had to happen to me a bad new stator....

Good. Just wanted to know as I am looking into getting my stator rebuilt by them to have more output power. Hopefully the 25% more power makes a good difference

Good. Just wanted to know as I am looking into getting my stator rebuilt by them to have more output power. Hopefully the 25% more power makes a good difference

Save your money. I did the Ricks HO stator and HD reg/rec for the tune of $280 and it charged identical to the stock system and still barely keeps up on my bike. I don't even run the headlight on during the day to keep the voltage at 14.4v going down the road. Headlight on and the volts are 13.2-13.5 and that's at 4000rpms + for several minutes. Turn a fan or two on....forget it...I have to run 2 batteries to keep from getting stranded in a traffic jam.

I may try a gen II stator next...but keep the HD reg/rec as the gen II reg/revs are dropping like flies apparently.

Save your money. I did the Ricks HO stator and HD reg/rec for the tune of $280 and it charged identical to the stock system and still barely keeps up on my bike. I don't even run the headlight on during the day to keep the voltage at 14.4v going down the road. Headlight on and the volts are 13.2-13.5 and that's at 4000rpms + for several minutes. Turn a fan or two on....forget it...I have to run 2 batteries to keep from getting stranded in a traffic jam.

I may try a gen II stator next...but keep the HD reg/rec as the gen II reg/revs are dropping like flies apparently.

Someone on here got an 800 watt stator. The company he said he got it from told me they dont sell stators for the hayabusa...

what company? I also didnt see a difference with the ricks upgrade... interested in knowing where he got a 800watt stator

also at how many amps are the gen2 stators rated?

I want to put an amplifier on my bike....can the stock stator and rectifier handle or should i look into ricks hotshot?

Depending on the size of the amp, but I think you will be hard pressed to find a charging system that will keep up with the power demands of a moderate sized amp.

Back