06 busa electrical problems, how do i check my regulator/rectifier?

Beznuts

Registered
I have a 2006 busa, runnin hids, leds, tailights. i just bought a new bat bc i couldn't hold and keep a charge for the past couple weeks. two weeks ago i had my chain break and whip through my tail section right where the rectifier sits. after replacing the tail (but not the rectifier) and sh@t my bike has been having problems even after keeping a trickle charge on and riding keeping the bat charged to the point i had to push and jump it:( is there a way to check the stator and the rectifier each, one at a time? for the record my bat with a voltage regulator doesn't go up while idling at high rpms. I'm sure there's a post for this, it didn't come up in the search. thanks ahead of time!

ha ha ha i didn't think of the rectifier until tonight after doin research. the wiring harness is kinda shotty and wasn't plugged in all the way. god it looks like it got beat up. I'm going to patch it up and plug it in, and let my bat charge on a trickle. once i start it how do i check the rectifier?

ha ha ha i didn't think of the rectifier until tonight after doin research. the wiring harness is kinda shotty and wasn't plugged in all the way. god it looks like it got beat up. I'm going to patch it up and plug it in, and let my bat charge on a trickle. once i start it how do i check the rectifier?

You dont check the rectifier with the bike on. You Ohm check the different pins as the manual says.
Yeah there are electronic manuals floating around somewhere

well, thanks but i figured it out. i didn't check it when i replaced the tail. it looked plugged in but wasn't completely, along with some bare wire that needed patched. i just patched it and plugged it in, and got it started and i put the voltage meter on and it's fixed, I'm getting power! yay!! i guess the bat i bought today was preventative maintenance. thanks bro

Robert is correct. You should get just over 12.5 volts at idle, and at LEAST 13.5 to 14v at 5000rpms.

They are wrong. You should get 14-14.5 at idle and 12.2-12.5 when the bike is off. If you rev the bike, the voltage should drop. You do not need to rev the bike to take voltages unless you are testing the stator.

They are wrong. You should get 14-14.5 at idle and 12.2-12.5 when the bike is off. If you rev the bike, the voltage should drop. You do not need to rev the bike to take voltages unless you are testing the stator.

Now i did it right with lights on etc and it looks correct. I have the slow cranking problem, hot or cold doesnt matter, charging the battery or not doesn´t matter. Tore it apart yesterday and took the regulator off, i don´t have the multimeter the manual says i should use of course, the readings i got were insane. Put it back and took the connector apart again today, it was pretty tight and hard to unplug, pressed it back in again and the last 15 start attempts it´s spinning faster than ever ?!

Back