Busa time or not

memorex

Registered
HI,

I've been riding now for 10 years. My first was a chopped / raked 71 CB 750 for one year. I don't recomend a chopper as a first bike.. The second is a yamaha, 86 radian 600. I am almost 40 and thinking of gettin a 2006 busa. I've never been on a sport bike and I am not sure if I would like the sitting position. I've heard its rather comfortable from most people. I have had 2 back surgeries and I guess I'd like to know if it takes the pressure off of your lower back.. thats the main reason for my concern. Any pointers in making this decesion would be great..

I am addicted to speed and acceleration. I have made mistakes on the radian but was able to recover before it got nasty. Just how does this bike handle.. My Radain is light and has a small wheel base. So it handles pretty good.

<!--EDIT|memorex
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145426752 -->

Not sure how bad your back is and how long you plan on riding at a time.  You can raise the bars and adjust feet with rear sets to adjust your seating position.  As far as sportbikes go the Busa is comfortable, a rarity actually.  You'll want a new shield for wind deflection as well.

And as long as you know what your getting into, patient and mature you should be fine as long as you've had some riding experience.  Think fast then think Busa (10x faster).

<!--EDIT|Over_Easy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145424657 -->

My back is almost normal.. I just have to watch heavy lifting. I just know that I can only be on my bike now an hour at a time because of the sitting position. And I am thinking the leaning over might take the stress off of the lower back.. Hell, when My back is hurting thats the position I walk in anyway
smile.gif
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|memorex
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145426765 -->

only way to find out is to ride one or go sit on one in the dealer for a while... i bought a aftermarket screen for more wind deflection and helibars to help my vertically challenged status.. the bars are higher and closer to me so i dont have to lean as far... lots of taller people buy them to so dont think they are just for short people...  they greatly improved my love for the bike!

newscreenandbars1.jpg

newscreenandbars3.jpg

I have sat on one. but only for a little while.. Not long enough to say its comfortable or not. I am not vertically challenged.. 6'1" here.
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|memorex
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145427849 -->

6'0" here and I have a little back trouble sometimes 43...never had any surgery or anything but it is quit comfortable and there are so many options to make the busa right for you that I don't think ya can go wrong...when I ride I concentrate on keeping my stomach muscels tight and little to know pressure on my wrists...so your not really leaning over on your hands and taking the weight off your back...to put weight on the bars is not a good thing, it reduces your feel of the imput of the road...thats where the mods come in and tons of troops here can help
smile.gif

actually the tightening of the stomach mussles would proabably help my back a lot. After the surgeries I was told to excerise my stomach mussles to help the back out. I have but not near enough. It sounds like I came to the right place for info.. thanks guys keep it comin..
smile.gif

The stock Busa will be a little hard on the lower back. 1 1/4" riser and lowered foot pegs will help the back out alot. Also, as you already know, work on the abs. You'll love the Busa.

for me going from a cruiser to Busa was GREAT My lower back hurt all the time on a cruiser and now it doesn't bug me at all, work your stomach muscles and use them and legs for support My back actually stays straighter on the Busa (Unless tucked for warp speed) hahahahaha

and has been said b4 lots of mods available to make the ride best for you

You'll love the Busa IMO
wink.gif

I went from a shovelhead rigid frame HD to the Busa. My back says : Thank you.
wink.gif

I made my own risers to raise the bars a little and it made a big difference. 6', 40yrs old.
cool.gif

I am getting nothing but possitive feed back.. thats cool. Now for the desesion to buy it localy or online.:O

One more about the back thing..
Both me and GJoker have bad backs, (herniations and such) and the Busa is a great ride.

I'm 5'5" and I STILL ride with a straight back. Most of the weight is on the very top of my thighs. The first hour on my busa and I was a hurtin' bad.. but my back either stretched out after a while, or I found the right sitting position and the pain subsided.

I don't even want to think of what it would feel like to ride a cruiser. I sit all day at work, and just 2 hours of that and I'm squirming in my chair. Bouncing over roads would probably have me writhing in agony.

Just pull the trigger and get one.. you won't be sorry.
smile.gif

I didn't change anything, I'm gettin over the hills too
biggrin.gif
but I'm still streches time to time in middle of the HWY...(some times I use those velcro kidney protector for dirt bike) it helps...but you can mod from ground to top just about anything in busa...you can change few thing to make it comfy to your needs...but you will not be disappointed riding thru looks and any part of biking...
cool.gif

Back