Stretched or Not?

Shawn

Registered
I am going to be looking for a bike. I Have seen stretched and stock. Is there anything I should know about how the stretched with big tire conversion handles compared to the stock hayabusa before I start?
Any advise would be appreciated.
Shawn

:welcome: do a search and you'll find plenty of info. I am getting ready to put a extended swingarm on mine, but I'm only doing it for drag racing purpose.

I put a 300 tire on mine and had to stretch it 6 inches. I love the looks and it doesn't handle to bad. But you can't ride the Dragon at 75 to 100 with a big tire and strecthed. I do miss the high speeds there, but you still can get to the high speed on straight aways. I think im turning a bus sometimes.

I put a 300 tire on mine and had to stretch it 6 inches. I love the looks and it doesn't handle to bad. But you can't ride the Dragon at 75 to 100 with a big tire and strecthed. I do miss the high speeds there, but you still can get to the high speed on straight aways. I think im turning a bus sometimes.

Thats about right:laugh:

stretch it and make it fat!! unless your a kneedragger there isnt a huge difference, other then wheeling it around the garage.

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 006.jpg

I personally wouldn't stretch it---but that is just me. Unless of course you want to show it or drag race it. It's really a personal choice. For me I wanted a bike that I could track as well as have fun with on the road. I do 85% of my riding on the back twisties, so stretching it for me would have only hurt me as a kneedragger. If you aren't a kneedragger then go for it...wouldn't make a difference unless you were out on the back roads flopping the bike over hard & fast in the turns.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the great info. Being here in the middle of Kansas, curves/twisties are a rare treat, if not almost impossible to find. I wound up choosing a bike with a 6 inch stretch/190 or 200 rear? I look forward to being a part of the forum of helpful people with loads of wisdom.
:thumbsup:

Weelcome to the org. I have mine stretched, the only issue I have had is bottoming out when lowered 2". :welcome: none the less!!!!!

Back