Busa Stolen

I would definitely check if you have GAP insurance on your loan. My bank will cover whatever the insurance won't plus $1000 towards the purchase of a new one.

actually the year 03 may cause a severe depreciation no  matter how long you have owned it. It will still be worth the 03 NADA book value minus you deductable..

ok now for the good news.  My bike got stolen 5/26 and I'm dealing with an insurance claim as well. One of my close friends has been coaching me along -they use to be an insurance adjuster, so here's a ouple of points I'l pass on:

1. Remember the adjuster works for the insurance company and not you. They get greatreviews for saving the insrance company money --which means robbing you of yours.

2: When writing a detailed statement of the loss -use terms like "mint condition", "like new", "near perfect", etc.

3. Read your policy carefully and look for terms such as "vehicle and equipment", vehicle including equipment.

4. Don't be in a rush to settle. Most people settle to fast -be patient.  If the adjuster senses you are looking for a real quick settlement they are going to offer something very low to see if you'll except it.

5. Remember time is on your side. The adjuster has a certain amount of days to close a case otherwise it gets red flagged, which doesn't help the adjuster performance reviews and can cause problems with the state regulator.

6. At any offer tell them you need to think and they should call you back. Which gives you time to think it over without being pressed

OK I hope this helps -- I'll let you know how this works out with my own claim
Dez, this is damn good info, I never realized you had to play this sort of a game in order to get a better claim. Bunch o bastiches to insurance fuggers...

I'm sure something that has only helped theft is the widespread use of eBay.. imagine how many parts that are sold from a mint 'busa that can't be tracked back to a VIN.. that's a bunch of cash right there.. with buyers all over the country, not just in the city the bike was stolen in..

Now think of the items you may have bought on eBay that belonged to some poor soul before they were stolen..

si.

Everytime i buy from ebay I wonder if the part came off of my bike ... but hey life goes on and because it does I'll continue to ride

You got Allstate to insure a Hayabusa? I've got three homes and three cars insured with them, but when it came to insuring the Hayabusa, they got really flaky and wanted a fortune to cover it.

Back