Busa sound system radio mp3 ipod speaker system ....great sound for under $100

3.5" is what will fit across the flat part of the panel. 5.25 definately won't fit maybe a 4" but you'd need some sort of pod to put it in probably.

Upgraded. Added two more speakers and another amp. The fuse holder and wire did not cause issue on left side as I thought previously.

image.jpg

image.jpg

5.5 speaker will fit in the inner fairing and on the side in the rear compartment area, you need to get creative, trust me. And if you realy get creative you can fit a six channel amp in the rear, with an additional motorcycle battery as well.

Did I mention you cab also get a 8inch sub in the hump.!!!!!!

Heres a link to a few photos. Honestly, hooking the system up is fairly simple if you can install car radio. The hard part for me was mocking up a plug and molds for the front and rear sealed speaker compartments, cutting holes in the inner fairing, rear untertail and a little bit of metal on the rear sub frame to get it all to fit nice and tight. I had no experience with fiberglass prior to this project other than simple fiberglass patching of holes and sort. I wanted the job done right and without giving up an arm or a leg.
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/85993-busa-stereo-options.html

I will say this, using industrial clay was very helpful in desiging my system and used to pull my fiberglass mold plugs from. Depending on the hardness of the clay and you can polish and wax for easy mold removal. Heres a helpful link to get you brain smok'n on what you can possibly do using this type of clay. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EuHrYWoeIw

Also, decided to use a small electric grill (walmart) inverted with four aluminum angular leg purcharsed from lowes with a piece of wood that fitted in between the four legs as a table. The wood table was held in with the huge type binder clips for adjustability for lower and raising from the heat.

This is my vaccum form table I used to melt my clay and other projects. I figured a photo would better assist you.

Enjoy!

wwww.jpg

:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked: Wowwzzer, is eactly right! LOL Thats why I really do not comment on this project.

Heres a sneak peak of test fitting the 5.5 speaker inside the homemade speaker pod and 8"sub hump. The last photo show my customs windscreen tweeter pods. Not the best shot so you will have to zooom in to see.

46.jpg

iii.jpg

pp.jpg

kkk.jpg

vv.jpg

fff.jpg

My original 3.5 speaker instal was too small and was barely notice at speeds above 40mph.

3.5speakers.jpg

That is a good idea Rhythm I didn't think about making a fiberglass pod to hold my 4 inch kickers in the panel.
Here is what I did to mine.
This is what I did at first with just the cycle sounds 2" system and a kicker 8" sub.

This one has just the mids playing no sub after I added the 4" kickers

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my vaccum form table I used to melt my clay and other projects. I figured a photo would better assist you.

Enjoy!

Rhythm, you've gone well beyond pimpin' on a budget. LOL

:D :D :D

cheers
ken

Back