Speaker System for 06 busa for MP3 Player *NOT IPOD*

DJRACKS

Registered
Im looking for a speaker system for my 2006 busa the ones that go into the oem side panels i wont be using an ipod so it needs to have an AUX cord i tryed looking on the post above but it wont load for some reason
could someone post some links to were there are speakers for a good price +quality

I went with a 2.5 inch bullet style speaker from Cycle Sounds they Rick and will work with anything with a 35mm jack like for iPod or any MP3 check them out, you can mount on windscreen and triple tree or on top of Resoviors

I will be watching this thread closely since I also want to and a audio system to my K8. I plan on adding a subwoofer also. I seen a few videos on Youtube and most use a 4 to 3 inch speaker.

Im looking for a speaker system for my 2006 busa the ones that go into the oem side panels i wont be using an ipod so it needs to have an AUX cord i tryed looking on the post above but it wont load for some reason
could someone post some links to were there are speakers for a good price +quality

busatunes.com

I have this for my 06. Best system out

Well,I ordered the Busatunes setup for my '08 . It should be here on Feb 1st . Can't wait .

Well,I installed the Busa tunes setup . Went with the 4" speaker setup . WOW!! Due to the almolst 2 feet of snow we got it will be a while before I can say how it is on the road . BUT!! I can say that visually it's worth the price . Looks VERY professional almost OEM . Only thing I wasn't too keen on was having to relocate the fuse box . But otherwise pending a road test I'm extremely pleased .

No pics or vids yet . We got hammered with over 15 inches of snow,and I don't believe a video in a garage will give a good indication of sound . As for the amp,the package did have a name,but after I installed and everything worked I got rid of the box . It was not a name I'm familiar with,but the amp and speakers did note they were for marine use . So I'm not worried about weather . The speaker quality is comparable to the Kenwood and kicker speakers I installed in my cars .

Smedly..... Much Thanks for the post!!!.... I can't wait to see pics or video (or both) of your bike. Definitely hit me up after you get out and cruise at highway speeds (you won't be disappointed!) Email me or call me sometime, would like to hear your feedback (any issues with install, how long, what I can do to improve, etc.) I take feedback serious but more important, I take pride in 100% satisfaction. Oh, and I like to reward for referrals!!! Peace out, Springs' around the corner and all that snow'll be gone before ya know it. - Gary

Oh, I didn't forget you Bosco !!! Thanks for the plug, it's much appreciated....same for you! I'd like to hear from you too (see pics/video of your bike, etc.) so drop me an email or give me a call sometime again I want your feedback man! Enjoy Felluhs!!!!

I came up with my own set up for a radio. I put 2 polk audio 3.5" speakers in the right panel. I did them both on the right side because a wiring harness interfered on the left side. I chose the Polk speakers because they were classified as marine. Infinity also makes 35 watt rms speakers but they aren't waterproof.

I got a little amp off eBay that came with the RCA to mp3 cable and all the power and speaker cable. You will need more wire to make them reach though. The mp3 cable was long enough. I tied the amp into my taillight and through a toggle switch on it. That way it will run while driving but I can also turn it on without the key in as long as I turn ignition all the way back to the P.

I cut the holes in the panel using a protractor. I also put baffles on the underside. I mounted the amp in the trunk and put a small piece of 3m all weather fasteners on the triple clamp and back of my iPod case.

It sounds really good and loud. I probably have around $75 into the setup. If anyones interested I can post a thread with pics and do a better breakdown of the install.

I came up with my own set up for a radio. I put 2 polk audio 3.5" speakers in the right panel. I did them both on the right side because a wiring harness interfered on the left side. I chose the Polk speakers because they were classified as marine. Infinity also makes 35 watt rms speakers but they aren't waterproof.

I got a little amp off eBay that came with the RCA to mp3 cable and all the power and speaker cable. You will need more wire to make them reach though. The mp3 cable was long enough. I tied the amp into my taillight and through a toggle switch on it. That way it will run while driving but I can also turn it on without the key in as long as I turn ignition all the way back to the P.

I cut the holes in the panel using a protractor. I also put baffles on the underside. I mounted the amp in the trunk and put a small piece of 3m all weather fasteners on the triple clamp and back of my iPod case.

It sounds really good and loud. I probably have around $75 into the setup. If anyones interested I can post a thread with pics and do a better breakdown of the install.

Yeah.. let me see pics... pls :)

Hey Youngblood, check out YouTube video of Mrreal2227... It's an excellent example of BusaTunes in action/on the move....

BUMP
So Smedly...whats the update/road test on the speaker setup???
Very satisfied . The only instances where I have had trouble hearing are 1. Speeds in excess of 80 which I very rarely do . I'm proud of my clean MVR . 2. We have had a VERY windy late winter early spring hear in my part of Colorado . Talking gusts in excess of 30mph . During these gusts the speakers are difficult to hear . HOWEVER in every other situation the system has performed as one would expect . As for pics or vids? Sorry I'm just not one of those types . All I can say is that the system is very easy to install,has an OEM look and performs the way BusaTunes says it does .

Back