amp + Speakers? On a busa? *pics* under $60!

Jimingle10

Registered
idk what possessed me, im sure there will be haters...but....i installed some 3.5" Polk Audio Marine Speakers on my busa today!

Installation was extremely simple, just used a 3-1/4" hole saw and cut the inner plastics. Speaker dropped in, 2 screws and done! Still waiting for my mini-amplifier to be delivered, so no sound yet. Looks pretty decent tho!

Polk DB351 Marine speakers ($42.00)
NEW Polk Audio DB351 3.5" 2-Way Coaxial Car Speakers - eBay (item 150427003613 end time Jul-22-10 14:03:04 PDT)

2ch mini-amplifier - ($16.00)

2CH 500W USB Amplifier Car MP3 Motorcycle AMP Amps - eBay (item 270591942710 end time Jul-10-10 11:56:08 PDT)

IMG_20100707_190327.jpg
IMG_20100707_190247.jpg

500 watts? Absolutely not! Almost all car audio (brand name and cheapo) advertise the max wattage in big letters, which is very misleading. Continuous wattage or RMS is what you should really be looking at. Fine print on this amp says 75w X 2ch...so its a 150watt amp.

Is it a good amp? Doubt it, but its small and cheap and worth a try. Like I said I havnt received it yet so I can't confirm anything...but the size is mint.

The polk speakers are only 35watts each...so assuming this amp is what it says it is...or even a little less...I think they should match up pretty well. (Speculation only lol)

-Jim

There is a formula to find the real power RMS. Look at the power fuse. I'll look for the formula...............

A quick and dirty way to check the true power output of an amplifier is to take the fuse value of the amplifier (or the sum for multiple fuses) and multiply it by 6 for class A/B amps or 10 for class D amps (higher efficiency).

Last edited:
See my above post..............Though this will give you an estimate, you will find it to be a good rule to follow......And that looks to be a A/B amp or less, does not seem to be a MOSFET, it doesn't cost enough.
But if it works for you, you did good.

Last edited:
Congrats on your setup I hope you enjoy it:thumbsup:

Was there no way to put the speakers recessed in the fairings?

Make them come up from underneath an have them flush with a speaker net over them ??? Just offering a thought enjoy your tunes :thumbsup:

Let us know how it sounds once you get your amp. I'm interested, but would like to see how things turn out once you hook the amp up. Thanks.

Ill post some pics from last summer...it was right after it got painted. No decals or chrome gsxr mirrors :(

Stock panels, just sanded/primed/painted gloss black

Congrats on your setup I hope you enjoy it:thumbsup:

Was there no way to put the speakers recessed in the fairings?

Make them come up from underneath an have them flush with a speaker net over them ??? Just offering a thought enjoy your tunes :thumbsup:

I couldn't think of a crafty enough way to mount them flush...however I am trying to find some sweet speaker grilles to cover them/protect them. Cheers

Shweeet!

Matches your Lawn perfectly! :laugh:

Just kidding ya know! Nice ride!:thumbsup:

Bubba

Are these for when you're hanging at a bike night? You're not using them while riding I hope?

The bike is gorgeous, I only hope you don't regret carving holes in those fairing inners. ???

Are these for when you're hanging at a bike night? You're not using them while riding I hope?

The bike is gorgeous, I only hope you don't regret carving holes in those fairing inners. ???

depends how they sound while rolling....if its a fail, ill just use the holes for a boost gauge and a/f ratio for my turbo setup :) (coming next week! )

Back