Busa shuts down while riding

vegasbusa

Registered
This problem started a while ago, but just getting time to look into it. While driving around town under normal conditions, my busa stalled and wouldn't start. Seemed like the battery was dead, not a hard start or turn over, just barely turned over. I thought the battery was no good so i bought another one. Busa starts up fine, drive it for a while stopping and turning off at different locations and the third or so time it doesn't start. I pop it and drive away and within a mile it starts breaking up a little and again it stalls. Battery dead! Will not start again. I put in someone's battery and it fires right up and drives normally until I get home. HELP!!!!!!! I think the battery is not getting charged? Would that be the rectifier? Some help if possible. Thanks..

Sound like you have a bad Stator wire. You can see the wires coming out of the Stator but inside is where they go bad.

Its a 99 with k&n filter, air box mod, yosh pipe with shorty end, and power commander. It ran fine as is for 2 years with general maint.(oil change and plugs) until this incident. Thanks

If you haven't already I would download the service manual and follow the instructions for inspecting the charging system.

Back