Busa runs horribly i need help or suggestions??

Bertactive

Registered
OK the long story is i purchased a 2000 busa with a pc3 pretty much stock, so of course me being who i am i threw the goodies at it as fast as i could get them so here s the list chrome everything add on wise (not tht its relevant lol) stretched 3 to 4" lowered 1" k&n filter airbox mod , emmission block offs on motor were there at purchase added pc lcd screen, brocks full exhaust and tre, and thats when the trouble started bikes running lean popping bucking so i sent brocks what i had they sent me a street map and a track map both of them idle ok but anything after that including take of is rocky i trimmed up the fuel 7% on the lcd seems to make it rideable if u like scooter mode, any suggestions on tuning how to maby get it to a base map myself if u explain the process a little im pretty quick and as for dyno tuning i live in jax fl my guy charges me 200-275 but is on vacation for a while the only other dyno i know of said theyre starting me at $645 thats a no

Number 1....lose the TRE....I had the same prblem with my '01. But for sure get it dyno'd when your buddy gets back! As for the $645 for a dyno? That guy's on crack!

:worthless:

I'm new to moding, but a TRE is to by-pass the 185 limiter yes? Why would you need such a device if you map the ECU with a PC? Or am I all messed up in my thinking & logic?

Unofficially, the word is that the speed limiter is an electronic one that retards the injector of spark to one of the cylinders once the various engine sensors reach a certain speed limit. It does not restrict engine power until then.

The ECU gathers information from the gear position and the rev meter to detect when to retard the injectors.

The TRE apparently tells that ECU that the bike is in 5th gear all the time and uses ECU program to match, from what I understand. But like I said, I'm a newbie to moding.

Still learning!

I am a newbie but why would you need the TRE when its a 2000 busa that has no speed restrictions on it. That didn't start until my year which is 2001. So why did you buy that let alone put it on?
Posted via Mobile Device

sounds like u got it figured out my prob is getting that thing running good in 5th gear :tre: tre is actualy un installed right now and the bike runs the same but i was told that it would help with my bikes bottom end

I would try putting in the original air filter see if that helps at all until your tuner gets back in town
Posted via Mobile Device

need some more info. 1)how did it run when you got it? 2)did you do all the mods at the same time? 3)have you tried putting everything back the way it was except the exhaust(for obvious reasons)?
that being said it sounds like the tune. i would unhook the pc and see how it runs. it will run without it.
one more thing, make sure the vaccum lines are blocked off (from the airbox mod).
its probably not the TRE.

A friend helped me with the airbox mod so to double check witch vacume lines? Just to ask b4 I open it up,... Also yes I did the air box mod exhaust and tre last and together which is when problems started I think the tune is where it's at but never can be too sure

Also no I didn't try resetting the ecu I will try that also if I disconnect the power to the pc it should be fine to work as if it were disconnected right?

OK the long story is i purchased a 2000 busa with a pc3 pretty much stock, so of course me being who i am i threw the goodies at it as fast as i could get them so here s the list chrome everything add on wise (not tht its relevant lol) stretched 3 to 4" lowered 1" k&n filter airbox mod , emmission block offs on motor were there at purchase added pc lcd screen, brocks full exhaust and tre, and thats when the trouble started bikes running lean popping bucking so i sent brocks what i had they sent me a street map and a track map both of them idle ok but anything after that including take of is rocky i trimmed up the fuel 7% on the lcd seems to make it rideable if u like scooter mode, any suggestions on tuning how to maby get it to a base map myself if u explain the process a little im pretty quick and as for dyno tuning i live in jax fl my guy charges me 200-275 but is on vacation for a while the only other dyno i know of said theyre starting me at $645 thats a no

I'm also in Jax and have a 2000

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

im trying to remember exactly where they are. 2 go to the throttle bodies. one on each side and there is at least one on the airbox itself that needs to be plugged off. did you try to run it with the pc unhooked?

my vac sensor has one open hole in it from where the fuel pump was removed and upgraded to internal should this hole be blocked off or regulted really small? i have the hole to the crank case capped off also with a small slit in it to remove pressure

Did you unplug the PC3??They go bad and create issues.A new map may solve the issue but many guys put on exhaust and air filter and air box mod and it will run fine.The air filter shouldnt affect much, if anything should run better if not over oiled.

Back